Strategy Live trading on draft night - Guess the first one?

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgive my ignorance on this:

Can clubs also get these swaps done in the time between now and draft night or can they now only do it draft night?

I suppose tactically some clubs would want to do it as close to the picks as possible in some case to avoid telegraphing their punches to another team interested in the same high pick.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Forgive my ignorance on this:

Can clubs also get these swaps done in the time between now and draft night or can they now only do it draft night?

I suppose tactically some clubs would want to do it as close to the picks as possible in some case to avoid telegraphing their punches to another team interested in the same high pick.
Anytime from now until the pick as far as I'm aware.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gold Coast take Luko and Smith, then the Saints hold a bidding war with the South Australian sides trading pick 4 for 5 and a later swap or for pick 8 and something very decent from the Crows.

My guess is the Saints swap out with Port and then the Suns swap with the Crows.

The ideal draft for a St Kilda fan might be trading pick 4 to pick 5 with Port. Then trading pick 5 for pick 8 with Adelaide. Collect assets in both moves and still get a very good player at pick 8.

Crow_68

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
All depends on who GC take at 3.
If it's Rankine, think the Crows will accept Rozee will end up at Port.
If it's Smith, Crows may end up pushing for 6 to grab one Of The SA boys, as Saints likely to take Max King.
Wouldn't surprise me if GWS look for a move up at well.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

btdg

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Carlton trade pick #1 and #69 to Adelaide for pick #8, #16 and #21

Nah, no chance.

Aside from Carlton being pretty clear that we will keep pick 1, that we feel we have loaded up on quantity of kids well over the past 3 years...

There's no way Adelaide and Carlton are making a trade without it involving 2 months of torturous deliberations and a 700 page thread on Bigfooty.

We will just have to wait until contracted Cameron Poison requests a trade to Adelaide, Carlton demand 7 first round picks and all the fun begins again (before the crows ultimately face...)

I have a feeling that live trading won’t get used the whole draft.

Clubs wil do any changing of picks before the day comes.

I think we'll see a few swaps but they won't be many early ones like people are anticipating, (though I do expect the SA clubs to give that a shot) it'll be more in the 2nd/3rd onwards where a player high on a club's ranking is still available and they suspect another club might soon pounce and offer something like swaps of 3rds this year and then their 2019 3rd for the club picking's 2019 4th.

In response to OP 5 + 15 for 3 + 29 is my guess. Port takes Rankine with 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back