Liverpool FC - what has happened?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
They were ON FIRE earlier on in the year on TOP of the FORM TABLE for 2015 and every second article from Fox Sports w4nking over them and having their fans think they weren't just a flash a pan. From Coutinho becoming the second coming of Jesus and everyone from Merseyside fapping over him, Sturridge being the next Pele, where has it all gone wrong?

Has Rodgers just not got what it takes to win in big games? Is he a big fish in a small pond? Can he save this very quickly sinking ship?

Are Liverpool's top four credentials disappearing faster than Richmond at final's time?

What needs to be done?

They overachieved last season and now they are back to where we all expected them to be.

Most people predicted them to finish 4/5th this season.
This + Rodgers being a good player manager but tactically inept. Rely too much on individual performances rather than being a good team imo.

3 at the back vs good sides wont cut it in the premier league it seems.

But I agree with other posters, order restored and they are now achieving what they should be with their squad.

Clearly a troll thread?

You were very classy during and after the match last night, Cruyff14, and it appears you have continued in a similar vein today. :thumbsu:

"Wenger OUT!", hey? :$

Liverpool-meme-7-500x479.png

team isnt good enough. plus rodgers teams seem to only wake up after jan.

they pass around way too much in their back half, the midfield rarely imposes itself on games and their forward line is currently a mess.

that's just in general, ignoring their good spell of form from the last 3 months. the pass around the back bit is continual though, and would be maddening to watch when you really only play 1 guy down back who can pass (can)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think theres that much wrong there. It was always going to be a tough ask to get into 4th spot, they probably came closer (until the United game) than I thought they would.

Press talk them up too quick, remember reading a month or so ago how Rodgers had proven he was a great manager, and a future England manager. Think it was Carragher.

They need to sort their recruitment out, sort the Sterling situation out, sort Sturridges legs out and I think they'll be close next season.

Kind of stating the obvious here, but losing Suarez (even though it was inevitable) on top of Sturridge's injuries have been massive. Significant spending over the summer have so far delivered more misses than hits. Rodgers should be accountable for that, but he seems to be quite overrated in general.

Last year was seemingly an anomoly, and as others have said, this season has seen them revert to normal order.

Poor discipline in key games has also affected the team, although they have no one else to blame but themselves. Gerrard, Skrtl and Can in the last two games have been very costly. Seems they've taken the 'go you red men' quite literally. That's not what you need at the best of times, but even more so in crucial fixtures.

Wouldnt give Markovic or Mignolet a pass at this stage. Maybe in the future. Of the top list I think there's still hope for Lallana (not worth his price tag, but could be a contributor) and maybe Origi (although signs arent good). Rest are fails though.

Not sure if it's tactics with Moreno, or he just can't defend. What was he like at Seville defensively? You'd hope its tactics because I don't think you can coach defensive incompetence out of someone too easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back