Liverpool FC - what has happened?

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Dont talk about reserve players mate. Paddy McNair is at the same level as Sakho but is younger and has more potential.

Carrick is a better CB than Lovren and no way Skrtel makes our team. Clyne is not better than Darmian. Henderson wouldn't be near our first team. Coutinho would be handy.
If we're being honest bro. Only De Gea might get into our team and that's in place of Bogdan on the bench.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Dont talk about reserve players mate. Paddy McNair is at the same level as Sakho but is younger and has more potential.

Carrick is a better CB than Lovren and no way Skrtel makes our team. Clyne is not better than Darmian. Henderson wouldn't be near our first team. Coutinho would be handy.

McNair LOL

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
You're annoyed though right. I was annoyed when you got rid on the incompetent Moyes for someone far better in LVG.

It's a deep burn. Feel it. Embrace it.

#KloppfortheKop
I'm excited to see Klopp in the EPL. Yes i was secretly hoping he'd join Sunderland as that would have been a lot more interesting but I'd caution you. The high press may get killed on the counter in the EPL. Will be interesting to see.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Fortunately the majority of the squad will be familiar with the style of football Klopp will want them playing, because it's very similar to the way they played & trained under Rodgers at our best. I'm sure there will be some tweaks in terms of style and maybe 1 or 2 changes to the squad in January; but in a general sense they'll be well drilled in the triggers for pressing, how and when to press in groups high up the field, counter attacking patterns, overloading zones in the attacking third etc. It's not like he's taking a team that has only ever been coached to sit deep or sit back and hold possession, so with any luck there's no reason why the players shouldn't pick up his methods quite quickly.

As for whether we can make top 4? As poor as we've been so far we're only 4 points off 2nd with 30 games left to bridge the gap. It'll certainly be a challenge for him, but not an insurmountable one. For me, all things being equal we have the quality in terms of playing personnel to be right there for the top 4 (if we didn't then Rodgers probably wouldn't be sunning himself on the Costa del Sol right now!), though they obviously haven't been playing anywhere near that standard thus far this season.

I think that as it was for Rodgers at the start of the season, the expectation from the owners will be for Klopp to qualify for the CL. Will we achieve that? Who knows at this stage. It's going to come down to whether Klopp can do what Rodgers couldn't - lift the malaise on this group, motivate them and make the necessary tactical changes to get them playing closer to the best of their capabilities. Tick those boxes and personally I think that with the players at his disposal, top 4 is certainly a realistic ambition.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Still too early to tell and if Klopp is appointed what kind of impact he will have on us. We are not too far back from top four spots and we do have a pretty squad that BR just wasnt getting the best out of. Top 4 isnt out of the equation just yet.
I don't know you do. Your defense is still suspect and your central mids are hit and miss.

Relying on the glass man up front isn't likely to help either. Although you do have better cover with Benteke there now.

Just my opinion anyway.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
if sturridge stays fit i dont see why liverpool can't challenge top 4. do believe spurs, palace and west ham will also be in the mix for that 4th spot, chelsea's crisis has brought a lot of other clubs into it.

if klopp does nothing else besides improve the defence then liverpool will be right up there. the defence is their biggest problem.
Palace and WH will drop off around Xmas IMO.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I don't know you do. Your defense is still suspect and your central mids are hit and miss.

Relying on the glass man up front isn't likely to help either. Although you do have better cover with Benteke there now.

Just my opinion anyway.
Our defense is still suspect but who's isnt in England right now? Our midfield has been missing our best player all season in Henderson. Glassidge up top true. But if he stays fit, we all know how good he is. We have better cover now with Tekkers and Ings.

We have a pretty good squad which BR just wasnt getting the best out of.

Who would you say has a better squad than ours? I think City and Arsenal certainly do. Chelsea do but are in some kind of crazy funk. I think we are on par squad wise with United. We have a better squad than Spurs and anyone else so top four is certainly doable in my opinion.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Our defense is still suspect but who's isnt in England right now? Our midfield has been missing our best player all season in Henderson. Glassidge up top true. But if he stays fit, we all know how good he is. We have better cover now with Tekkers and Ings.

We have a pretty good squad which BR just wasnt getting the best out of.

Who would you say has a better squad than ours? I think City and Arsenal certainly do. Chelsea do but are in some kind of crazy funk. I think we are on par squad wise with United. We have a better squad than Spurs and anyone else so top four is certainly doable in my opinion.
No doubt you have a pretty good squad (you'd expect to with what's been spent). I just think between the injuries to key players and trying to perform with a new coaching scheme, you'll struggle to make top 4 this season. It's certainly not out of the question though.

City and Arsenal definitely do. Chelsea do (and I expect they'll still make top 4 - if they don't, they'll troll you by winning the CL again). United probably just. Would have their keeper, defenders and midfield over yours. Your attacking force is better though.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
No doubt you have a pretty good squad (you'd expect to with what's been spent). I just think between the injuries to key players and trying to perform with a new coaching scheme, you'll struggle to make top 4 this season. It's certainly not out of the question though.

City and Arsenal definitely do. Chelsea do (and I expect they'll still make top 4 - if they don't, they'll troll you by winning the CL again). United probably just. Would have their keeper, defenders and midfield over yours. Your attacking force is better though.
Making top four this season might be a struggle, for the simple fact of having to learn a new system and adapt. It will take time. But if we take to it well, we are easily close enough now with plenty of the season to go, to charge into the top four. I guess it's a wait and see. The squad is good enough, it's just about how quickly we adapt to Klopp's system.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

City and Arsenal definitely do. Chelsea do (and I expect they'll still make top 4 - if they don't, they'll troll you by winning the CL again). United probably just. Would have their keeper, defenders and midfield over yours. Your attacking force is better .

4th place still gets CL qualification if a team outside the top 4 wins CL. A Spurs troll type scenario is no longer possible.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
Just don't think you'll be ahead of City, Arsenal or United and I suspect Chelsea will sort itself out soon enough.
United is so bloody overrated with LVG and CFC are more focused on avoiding relegation.
From a LFC perspective its good to see a manager with real quality in the EPL.

Back