Liverpool FC: Where to next?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's certainly very difficult to replicate year after year after year. We won everything though in that period so I cant complain but we desperately need a massive re-build now. Particularly in midfield.

Probably won't happen until you have a change of ownership (Boston Red Sox owners have the same exact problem with the current majority owners who also own them, Lebron James being a minority stake owner in the Red Sox though is something I still have trouble coming to terms with lol)

Nope,

You've spent €40m more than Man City since 18/19 (8 windows)

Liverpool Spent: €500.98m
Liverpool Sold: €213.37m
Net: €287.68m

Man City Spent: €689.91m
Man City Sold: €446.3m
Net: €243.61m

Nope. Since both managers have been around City have outspent LFC significantly even including all the latest outgoings

And thats with Guardiola inheriting a top 4 side.

Nope. Since both managers have been around City have outspent LFC significantly even including all the latest outgoings

And thats with Guardiola inheriting a top 4 side.

So now you are complaing about the whole tenure?

A minute ago you were talking about since 2018, now you feel you need to extend it out to 2016?

Liverpool have spent £1.116b on transfers in the last decade, I think you have spent your fair share....

So now you are complaing about the whole tenure?

A minute ago you were talking about since 2018, now you feel you need to extend it out to 2016?

Liverpool have spent £1.116b on transfers in the last decade, I think you have spent your fair share....

Compared to who? Chelsea / United / City have all spent significantly more. The amount spent is not enough in comparison to the size of the club and its revenue. FSG are tightarses.

Have you found any club that has spent only a token amount following a major title win?

Compared to who? Chelsea / United / City have all spent significantly more. The amount spent is not enough in comparison to the size of the club and its revenue. FSG are tightarses.

Have you found any club that has spent only a token amount following a major title win?

Yes.

Man City have a net spend of -€20m since their title win last year...

They have a net spend of +€19m since their title win in 2021/2022.

Since their title win in 2020/2021 they have spent +€134m

Since Liverpools title they have spent +€146m

So essentially, Man City won 2 titles spending less than what you are currently complaining about.

Yes.

Man City have a net spend of -€20m since their title win last year...

They have a net spend of +€19m since their title win in 2021/2022.

Since their title win in 2020/2021 they have spent +€134m

Since Liverpools title they have spent +€146m

So essentially, Man City won 2 titles spending less than what you are currently complaining about.

Liverpool won a title spending 5m in the 2019 summer window. We can all cherry pick time frames to suit our arguments if we want to.

The only period that is relevant is the one where both managers have been involved and that has City outspending Liverpool easily even with an established squad.

Obviously I don't need to explain to you what sort of squad Klopp inherited in 2016 EITHER.

FSG being tight arses is a fact, they don't spend enough relevant to the size and revenue of the club. They care only about asset value which has now maxed out.

Last edited:
Liverpool won a title spending 5m.

Erm no. Unless you define the spending as only that year. rofl.

Liverpool didn't win a follow up title, so we can't really define their spending following a title win, as you asked.

Man City spent less than you did after your title, but instead of sliding backwards, continued to win titles.

Liverpool spent 264m in the previous 6 seasons leading into your title. So a little bit more than 5m....

Erm no. Unless you define the spending as only that year. rofl.

Liverpool didn't win a follow up title, so we can't really define their spending following a title win, as you asked.

Man City spent less than you did after your title, but instead of sliding backwards, continued to win titles.

Liverpool spent 264m in the previous 6 seasons leading into your title. So a little bit more than 5m....

You have picked the only two windows where City have made significant transfer income. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous that is and your response pretty much confirms it by you not accepting that Liverpool spent only 5m winning a title.

Liverpool won the title following the CL win.

It's been a while old friend
121f52d04be5bfcd8d1af808345ba462.jpg

What's concerning is that this is the team that started in our loss to Brighton on the weekend.

Alisson
TAA Matip Konate Robbo
Hendo Fabinho Thiago
Salah Gakpo Ox

Only Gakpo, Thiago and Konate werent at the club in 2018.

Our entire midfield right now, Henderson, Fabinho, Ox, Keita, Jones, Milner were all in that 2018 side. Only Thiago has come in.

Our main back four of TAA, Robbo, VVD and Matip, all in that 2018 side. Only one key addition has come in in Konate.

It's up top where we have made significant changes with the arrivals of Diaz, Nunez, Jota and Gakpo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference being those clubs did not experience success without sportswashing scum owning them means fans more willing to accept such an owner.
Sportswashing is a crock of s**t. Oil and gas tycoons don’t give a s**t what you or I think of them. And the football clubs are purely a play thing.

Complaining about sportswashing is nothing but a meaningless diversion by the same people who buy the oil and gas that make the “sportswashers” mega rich.

Sportswashing is a crock of s**t. Oil and gas tycoons don’t give a s**t what you or I think of them. And the football clubs are purely a play thing.

Complaining about sportswashing is nothing but a meaningless diversion by the same people who buy the oil and gas that make the “sportswashers” mega rich.

I'm out if a sportswasher comes in as owner. I'd rather stick with FSG.

Everyone loves the game too much. Im not under any illusion that if a sportswashing nation comes in and buys us that we all wont stick around and watch the games and support the club.

Will I be super happy about it? Not really. Will I have as much joy when and if we win big trophies as I did previously? Probably not.

It will suck if it happens tbh but I wont stop supporting Liverpool FC as the club is bigger than the owners. If a sportswashing nation buys us, they wont own us forever. Things will change. So I wont turn my back on the club.

I hope it doesnt happen though and I just wish FSG would spend some ******* money.

Sorry for showing a picture that proves you're talking bullshit.

One photo of a few flags taken 16 years ago shows that you are the bullshit artist here. That does not represent the majority of the fan base and is just moronic to try and portray it in that fashion. It is kind of bizarre that you are so obsessed about it. Majority of Liverpool fans have always been against a sportswashing owner.

Everyone loves the game too much. Im not under any illusion that if a sportswashing nation comes in and buys us that we all wont stick around and watch the games and support the club.

Will I be super happy about it? Not really. Will I have as much joy when and if we win big trophies as I did previously? Probably not.

It will suck if it happens tbh but I wont stop supporting Liverpool FC as the club is bigger than the owners. If a sportswashing nation buys us, they wont own us forever. Things will change. So I wont turn my back on the club.

I hope it doesnt happen though and I just wish FSG would spend some ******* money.

Would love a new owner like Boehly (less the involvement in football operations!) or someone like Ratcliffe who is looking to buy Utd.

I'm out if any state buys us a proxy club. P

Majority of Liverpool fans have always been against a sportswashing owner.

Only because it would make them hypocrites. Can’t exactly take in owners like that after bashing City for the last decade. If City’s owners bought us instead of FSG back in 2011, fans would have been over the moon.

I’m including myself in that too, I don’t want sportswashing owners but I know if it was 15 years ago I would have shrugged my shoulders and enjoyed the success.

Only because it would make them hypocrites. Can’t exactly take in owners like that after bashing City for the last decade. If City’s owners bought us instead of FSG back in 2011, fans would have been over the moon.

I’m including myself in that too, I don’t want sportswashing owners but I know if it was 15 years ago I would have shrugged my shoulders and enjoyed the success.

Fair point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back