Current Livestream of video game films Sydney man allegedly hitting partner

Remove this Banner Ad

The 26-year-old man, Luke James Munday, from Oran Park, was using Amazon-owned streaming service Twitch to broadcast himself playing Fortnite about 8.30pm on Sunday when a video, obtained by the Herald, shows him yelling at his partner, then records him allegedly hitting her.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...llegedly-hitting-partner-20181210-p50l9a.html

"No computer, I'm sick of this s**t," a woman's voice is heard to respond.

The man disappears from the screen, and the sound of a slap is heard, followed by crying.

The man then sits down again and resumes playing.

"You f---ing woman basher," the woman responds.

"Don't hit me in the face, don't you dare touch my face.

The footage video highlights the reality of an addiction recognised by many medical experts in Australia and world wide. Whilst we cant argue that everyone who plays online video games suffers an addiction from it, nor should we assume, there are plenty of studies available which show the harm in the amount of time spent online, becoming addicted via the emotional rewards given to players for progression. Unfortunately this addiction transpired to assault in the presence of young children, a gaming addiction cant excuse domestic violence. Whilst there's a lot more to the truth than you see, in this domestic situation, it could be a culmination of frustration built up in the female who has struggled to deal with her partner's gaming addiction.

Whilst I'm not calling for a lynch mob on the guy, it serves fair warning to those who spend excessive amounts of time in front of a screen.

Here is the extended version from twitch.tv, fair warning that the footage can be distressing when viewed.

I was reading some comments on this, this morning on another site. There are plenty of people there alleging that there's a lot more of the video preamble that was left off ie, her initially hitting him and throwing stuff at him before he got up and smacked her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back