Living overseas during the Rugby World Cup is crap

Remove this Banner Ad

Basically, anyone that is aware of the competition starts talking to you about Rugby and assumes that it's what all Australians play. On top of that, they usually bring the All Blanks into the equation, which I have even less interest in. I usually have to explain that Rugby is for the social elites located in NSW and Queensland. South Africans are the worst. They are always trying to drag me into this conversation.

Rugby for the social elites?
You must like league

He's not wrong. You've obviously never been sneered at by private school campaigners because you happened to mention Rugby League in their presence. The class divide in the rugby codes in NSW and Queensland is ever-present and still bafflingly stupid.

Best thing about Aussie Rules is that it tends to not have the class warfare angle. Sure - some clubs are seen as 'toff' clubs - but there are still plenty of bogans following the Demons and those in the upper echelons supporting Collingwood.

Best thing about Aussie Rules is that it tends to not have the class warfare angle. Sure - some clubs are seen as 'toff' clubs - but there are still plenty of bogans following the Demons and those in the upper echelons supporting Collingwood.
I was of the impression that toothless bogans were Collingwood supporters.

I was of the impression that toothless bogans were Collingwood supporters.

Being that my member’s seats are right near an opposition fan standing area - I can assure you this element exists in every fan base.

He's not wrong. You've obviously never been sneered at by private school campaigners because you happened to mention Rugby League in their presence. The class divide in the rugby codes in NSW and Queensland is ever-present and still bafflingly stupid.

I mean it wouldn't bother me either way on the sneering but then I don't like league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back