Living without a mobile phone

Remove this Banner Ad

tigertigertiger

Club Legend
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 11, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm about to try this on a set date next month for I would say a minimum 6 months - 12 months, maybe longer if i'm enjoying no bills and the freedom of no phone, it's going to be a testing time i'm sure of that, but i've got this sense that it's going to be a relief

Has anyone done this in recent times and how did you go without it?

4439064.jpg

In all seriousness you will make life difficult for those that need to contact you be it personally or business related.
For emergencies, and group discussions yeah; but if you only need 24 hours notice or so surely email or landline would do the trick?

I agree t does make you a bit special and require accommodating but not that bad is it?

Are your friends going to be cool with it and can you rely on them to plan in advance and follow through with meet ups at places and times etc properly?
I guess that's the main thing is want to get sorted out.

They don't have to be cool with it and I know where to find them and can use the house phone as others have been mentioning to arrange anything if need be or email

What business?

Sorry what I meant to say is if you make medical appointments these days a lot of medical centres send reminders via sms, also you get sms reminders for postal items and also outstanding bills that are due, banks also use it as a reminder tool to pay outstanding cc debts.

For emergencies, and group discussions yeah; but if you only need 24 hours notice or so surely email or landline would do the trick?

I agree t does make you a bit special and require accommodating but not that bad is it?

I have thought about the emergency thing, but someone else will have a phone it's all good

Sorry what I meant to say is if you make medical appointments these days a lot of medical centres send reminders via sms, also you get sms reminders for postal items and also outstanding bills that are due, banks also use it as a reminder tool to pay outstanding cc debts.

True, they just gonna have to chill and i'll make my appointment or call on the house phone to let them know. The banking thing and password resets etc do concern me, but it can be worked around i'm sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had no phone for a good 3.5 months while I was OS. At first missed it, but then didn't- and I actually loved being "cut off" from friends and family unless when I went to an internet cafe.

Don't think I'd like to go without a phone at home tho.
I never take a phone when travelling OS (not that I travel that often). If I could get away without one at home, I would ditch it pronto. Its not really an option though, its just expected for so many things.

I'm about to try this on a set date next month for I would say a minimum 6 months - 12 months, maybe longer if i'm enjoying no bills and the freedom of no phone, it's going to be a testing time i'm sure of that, but i've got this sense that it's going to be a relief

Has anyone done this in recent times and how did you go without it?
Yeah, I did it until I was aged 31. Managed to survive somehow.

I didn't get one until I was 16. But that was back in the early 2000s. Good luck doing it now....

Just switch it off. I turn off my phone all the time, eg. over night + when I'm in class. If you don't want to be contacted just turn it off, it's not difficult. Also it is still there in case of an emergency/if you break down in your car.

paying for nothing is awesome right

Remove this Banner Ad

Back