Traded Lloyd Meek - [Traded with F2 (Dogs) to Hawthorn for Jaeger O'Meara and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable
Quality Ruck who can’t get past Darcy. Needed for Depth.

BIGHAWK23

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah does for us as Darcy is injury proned.

Watch Meek come close to winning the Sandover. Moves like a mid and kicks goals. Follow work is fantastic.

We are happy to hold him.
Not for the rest of the AFL

16 game second string backup ruckman do not command rd 2 picks

Mr Cheese

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Agreed.

Way overs.
Absolutely, but a lot of Vic interest and contracted. Overs wouldn't be surprising.

I've no idea what he'll go for, but he's arguably worth more to Freo than the 3rd/F3 that's being touted, and given we'd probably get that next year, it seems odd that we'd lose excellent cover for a year for essentially nothing. Depends what value Belly and co see in it with regards to longer term plans I guess.

It'll get done no doubt. Would love to see him get a regular game and do well (except against us, of course) bright future for sure.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Absolutely, but a lot of Vic interest and contracted. Overs wouldn't be surprising.

I've no idea what he'll go for, but he's arguably worth more to Freo than the 3rd/F3 that's being touted, and given we'd probably get that next year, it seems odd that we'd lose excellent cover for a year for essentially nothing. Depends what value Belly and co see in it with regards to longer term plans I guess.

It'll get done no doubt. Would love to see him get a regular game and do well (except against us, of course) bright future for sure.

And it's being reported today that Freo may have no choice but to accept unders.

A lot to play out.

Dockers fans have two chances of being right (he stays or we pay overs).
Hawthorn fans one (He is traded for 'unders').

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
And it's being reported today that Freo may have no choice but to accept unders.

A lot to play out.

If he goes for unders it wont be because we don't have a choice, it will because we choose to let him go (maybe we want to help him out). There are no reports that he is on a lot of money so there is no pressure to trade other than his personal circumstances.

Oct 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bulls Seahawks Dodgers Blackhawks

Could also depend on that 3rd being included in another deal for Freo. If they need that pick in like Hawthorn did in the Brad Hill deal then maybe it is more in best interested to get it moving and then slightly unders would suit however I am only thinking out loud who really knows till it happens?

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
If he goes for unders it wont be because we don't have a choice, it will because we choose to let him go (maybe we want to help him out). There are no reports that he is on a lot of money so there is no pressure to trade other than his personal circumstances.

That could easily end up being the case for all we know (re: Helping him out).

Sep 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

A lot to play out.

Except Freo happy to keep him.
VIC media rarely get Freo news correct, too vic centric.

Freo have already said they’d prefer to keep him. He’s not on big dollars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maestrovich

Draftee
Sep 27, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not for the rest of the AFL

16 game second string backup ruckman do not command rd 2 picks
He’s a backup to us but to hawks would easily be your 1# ruck for the foreseeable future too.Is in contract and has a skill set that’s so widely in demand A pick between 30-40 should do it and hawks will probably still win the deal as he’s shown to be a very good starting ruck when presented with opportunity

BIGHAWK23

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Once again he’s contracted and required. CONTRACTED..meaning we decide if he’s traded or not.

You may think he will be there

But he wont want to be there with Jackson coming in, and you have lowballed enough players

Will be at Hawks next year, just not for what you think

Back