Traded Lloyd Meek - [Traded with F2 (Dogs) to Hawthorn for Jaeger O'Meara and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

We add something about 40 you add pick 21 if you get it for Lobb. And then probably a shuffle at the back end. And we probably pay most of Jaeger’s salary next year
If we don't trade Lobb though

Meek and 44 has to get it done then I guess?

Very hopeful we hold Lobb but he may go

I would hope we block the trade and hold him to his contract if that was the case
If Hawks have "encouraged" them to look elsewhere for a couple of years in a row now, does the contracted thing still provide leverage? Cant keep telling the older guys it's best to move on then hold them when you dont get a deal you like

If Hawks have "encouraged" them to look elsewhere for a couple of years in a row now, does the contracted thing still provide leverage? Cant keep telling the older guys it's best to move on then hold them when you dont get a deal you like
Doesn’t mean you automatically accept a terrible deal though.

If he’s good enough to offer a 4 year deal but you only want to pay a third rounder for him that doesn’t really add up

Doesn’t mean you automatically accept a terrible deal though.

If he’s good enough to offer a 4 year deal but you only want to pay a third rounder for him that doesn’t really add up
We apparently value Meek at a 2nd rounder, I'd assume we are making the argument we are offering a 2nd round pick for JOM.

I know Hawks fans have some dreams of getting pick 21 and Meek in some shape or form which would be the cherry on top of a s**t sandwich of an offseason from Freo posters perspective.

Think this might be a trade that there is extreme melts one way or another tomorrow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compare to any similar scenario - of which there have literally been hundreds over the last 5-10 years given the amount of ruck depth trades that occur every season.

Can you name any other non best 22 ruck that has gone for a top 25 pick? Cos I can list 30 players without a second thought that have gone for less (in basically identical circumstances).
I think the more relevant trade event was last year when a contracted Lobb wasn't traded because the deal wasn't good enough. With thin ruck depth Fremantle have no need to weaken it's list by trading Meek for a 'fair' deal. We might need him.

We apparently value Meek at a 2nd rounder, I'd assume we are making the argument we are offering a 2nd round pick for JOM.

I know Hawks fans have some dreams of getting pick 21 and Meek in some shape or form which would be the cherry on top of a s**t sandwich of an offseason from Freo posters perspective.

Think this might be a trade that there is extreme melts one way or another tomorrow
Agree that there will be melts haha hopefully not from us but our trade negotiation history is pretty paltry so I’m not holding much hope.

We won’t be giving up a 2nd rounder for him, so he stays unless Freo accept a 3rd.
The only other possible way it happens is if Freo give the draft pick they get for Lobb, and Meek for O’Meara.
Although I highly doubt the Dockers want to lose both Lobb and Meek.
Will be fascinating to see what happens today

We won’t be giving up a 2nd rounder for him, so he stays unless Freo accept a 3rd.
The only other possible way it happens is if Freo give the draft pick they get for Lobb, and Meek for O’Meara.
Although I highly doubt the Dockers want to lose both Lobb and Meek.
Will be fascinating to see what happens today
I recon there are more scenarios than you listed, all getting progressively worse. Some clubs are going to be taking some risks today.

Where’s the Wil Smith gif when you need it. Take Caleb’s name out your MF mouth.
Has to come home to join his brother. Might even do a Geelong and pick him through the draft if you don't accept our token 3rd round pick

GWS offering pick 19.

Freo supporters thinking Meek for O'meara straight swap gets it done. Meek worth pick 19?

🤡🤡🤡
GWS deal includes a salary dump. Which gold coast was willing to pay pick 7 for. Not sure if our offer involves the same level of salary coverage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back