Local and junior footy

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Starting our finals campaign this week with our first home final for 11 years (they're usually played at the two main stadiums). Had a draftee last year plus a lot of senior players including the coach moving interstate to further their careers at higher levels and have replaced them with youth. Given a dozen players senior debuts, a good chunk of whom have become best 22. Pretty optimistic about the finals, we've beaten every team aside from the minor premiers in the home and away season and go in in good form. Been a pretty enjoyable season.

Starting our finals campaign this week with our first home final for 11 years (they're usually played at the two main stadiums). Had a draftee last year plus a lot of senior players including the coach moving interstate to further their careers at higher levels and have replaced them with youth. Given a dozen players senior debuts, a good chunk of whom have become best 22. Pretty optimistic about the finals, we've beaten every team aside from the minor premiers in the home and away season and go in in good form. Been a pretty enjoyable season.

You playing, coaching or just a fan??

Sep 14, 2003
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
LA Angels, Maple Leafs
Little Miss Flamethrower played her first season of under 12 girls footy this season. Unfortunately they only won one game but she had a great time.

I have taken her along to the local junior finals to get a taste of it. We have seen some great finals - one point thrillers and last minute match winning goals, and she has witnessed some of her friends winning premierships at other clubs.

I enjoy wandering past the Preston City Oval on my way to the market at this time of year. It's easy to stand on a milkcrate and peer over the fence, or sneak in at 3/4 time.

Heidleberg v Nth Heidleberg on Sat, West Preston-Lakeside vs Montmorency on Sunday. Usually a big crowd. Gotta watch out when the Diamond Creek boys are in town, it's the wild west.

Local footy involvement means I cannot travel up to Sydney. If it was a Sunday game would do both.

Love local football, has a lot of the community involved and when you are involved in both the local football team and the community there is a real buzz.

A win to the dogs and to the local team would mean a definite opportunity to go to week 2 of the AFL but the young fellas team may be in the prelim then so who knows.

Hope the dogs are in control when my commitment' s are over Saturday week

Go Doggies

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
Due to an incident with a umpire in 2015, I am no longer welcome at junior footy.

Last edited:

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
My little man made a prelim but didn’t get the choccies.

Love my bulldogs but watching my little boy try get a kick is very different To anything the dogs will give me but can’t say I love the 730am Sunday wake ups

My little man made a prelim but didn’t get the choccies.

Love my bulldogs but watching my little boy try get a kick is very different To anything the dogs will give me but can’t say I love the 730am Sunday wake ups

Nice one MD. Love it.

What age group?

It's more likely than not that this will be my final year of footy and I'm hoping to go out with a bang.

I play for Albanvale in Division 3 of the WRFL. Seniors finished on top by half a game, while reserves finished second on percentage. Both SFs are tomorrow. If we win, we're straight through to the Grand Final.

It will be just my second final since U18s, which was 14 years ago. I'm really excited about the prospect of potentially playing in a Grand Final at Whitten Oval in a couple of weeks.

Sep 14, 2003
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
LA Angels, Maple Leafs
It's more likely than not that this will be my final year of footy and I'm hoping to go out with a bang.

I play for Albanvale in Division 3 of the WRFL. Seniors finished on top by half a game, while reserves finished second on percentage. Both SFs are tomorrow. If we win, we're straight through to the Grand Final.

It will be just my second final since U18s, which was 14 years ago. I'm really excited about the prospect of potentially playing in a Grand Final at Whitten Oval in a couple of weeks.

Good luck - the Divvy 3 finals look very even with the surprising Sunny Heights finishing 2nd ahead of Glen Orden and Tarneit.

Good luck - the Divvy 3 finals look very even with the surprising Sunny Heights finishing 2nd ahead of Glen Orden and Tarneit.
Both grades are definitely very even. It's arguable that all four finalists in the seniors have been the best team at certain stages of the year.

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Going to miss most of the Doggies game this weekend, might catch a bit of the second half on the radio on the drive back. Such a massive potential range of emotions on Saturday! I'm sure a lot can relate

Back