Local GC Footy Chat

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
uc7LJ05.jpg

PBC with their well deserved QAFL premiership cup.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Walked the dog early this morning at Salk Oval and these fellas were in good behaviour, enjoying each other's company and had not created a mess.
Gold Coast Class is what I call it.

I may have badly badly jumped the gun and misinterpreted what I saw on Sunday morning.

The boys may well have been acting in a melancholy way because it was dawning on them the ramifications of a disgusting act that happened on Saturday night.

I hope I'm wrong and it has nothing to do with them however they are clearly the obvious candidates and if it was them then they've brought great Shame on themselves, the club and our Palm Beach-Currumbin community.

SunsBhoy

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I may have badly badly jumped the gun and misinterpreted what I saw on Sunday morning.

The boys may well have been acting in a melancholy way because it was dawning on them the ramifications of a disgusting act that happened on Saturday night.

I hope I'm wrong and it has nothing to do with them however they are clearly the obvious candidates and if it was them then they've brought great Shame on themselves, the club and our Palm Beach-Currumbin community.

Yeah lets just say the cricketers are not happy , as there season starts in 2 weeks.

SunsBhoy

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Every ratepayer should be disgusted.
$60k of damage.

We where not able to use Salk for the first 8 weeks this season due to the new pitch , now this , hope they get whoever is responible , but big coincidence the footy boys where celebrating there that night.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What did they do?

I won't use the word "they" as we don't know what happened

The facts are that on Saturday night a car hoon ripped up the cricket pitches and caused $60k worth of damage.
I just inspected it and it's totally destroyed.
The only other fact I can add is that the Palm Beach players were there at the oval on Sunday morning at about 7am when I was walking the dog and they were sitting down and looking very sheepish for guys that had just won a GF.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Walked the dog early this morning at Salk Oval and these fellas were in good behaviour, enjoying each other's company and had not created a mess.
Gold Coast Class is what I call it.

I'm quoting myself here again because I just want to congratulate myself on what must be one of the the most wrong posts surely in the history of this board.

Well done me, I sure know how to interpret human behaviour.

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
Two charged with wilful damage. PBC President made a public apology on News bulletins tonight
Only $2000 damage - to be paid by offenders. Stupid actions but blown out of proportion in the media...

Back