FTA-TV Locke and Key - Netflix show

Remove this Banner Ad

I've smashed 6 episodes. It invites comparisons to Stranger Things. I think the characters in Stranger Things were better but I prefer the Locke and Key story. I am enjoying so far.

It goes downhill towards the end due to episodes padded out with unnecessary scenes and boring dialog. Would have been better with 8 solid episodes but the US producers seem fixated on 10 per season. The ending is clumsy and clearly aimed at a second season. But I would not be surprised if the show was canned.

Overall I enjoyed it but it could have been better.

Me and the missus binged it over the last week. Enjoyed it overall. Agree with the comment above. 8 episodes would have made it a much sharper show and could have helped avoid a few of the slow points.

Some characters made some fairly questionable decisions near the end. Obviously it was to keep the story going but it was jarring. Didn't like the mum. Even before the drinking she was pretty annoying/useless/deadbeat.

Thought that Sam was going to come back into it again at the end as a redemption arc but not to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back