LOCKOUT LIFTED - ROUND 2 TRADES (3)

Lukesera

Debutant
Apr 12, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Just saw the notification that lockout has lifted

Haven’t looked at breakevens yet but going by how shit some of my players scored and how well other players I don’t own did, initial reactionary trades are...

Dunkley > Viney
B.Smith > Howe
Cavarra > Bewley

C.Taylor to bench Bewley on field.

Roberton, Cerra, Cumming and Brayshaw survive another week (months/year).

Unlikely the season goes ahead any time soon but it’s somewhat enjoyable tinkering around with the team again, especially with the 3 trades.

Last edited:

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Wondered if it was worth a hypothetical trades thread.
Apart from the odd few, everyone kinda sucked, the 16min quarters sucked, no crowds sucked...So I don't feel as ragey towards as many individuals as I usually would.

Some players (English) were so bad, they couldn't possibly be that bad again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sloane4brownlow

Club Legend
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
In theory if we get 3 trades I can do:
Dunkley/Whitfield/Jacobs -> Viney/Wingard/Grundy.

But then I feel sick just looking at that. There's a reason I picked the left hand side and not right.

I still think left options should ourscore the right 99 times out of 100 and yet they got absolutely pantsed in R1.

As Benny boy would say, such is life.

Piker

Rookie
Jan 31, 2019
AFL Club
GWS

But then I feel sick just looking at that. There's a reason I picked the left hand side and not right.

I still think left options should ourscore the right 99 times out of 100 and yet they got absolutely pantsed in R1.

I thought Dunkley's role looked ok in round 1, and that the Bulldogs just had a rubbish game. Whitfield I'm less confident in, since he won't get to junk it up, and with Taranto likely back for R2. Sauce to Grundy is swapping cash generation for points. Do you have another underperformer to upgrade?

FWIW, I'm planning to keep Dunkley and Sauce, and am thinking about trading Whitfield to Wingard or Bewley.

(Also, I reckon that returning best 22 players are going to force a stack of the common rookies out - so R2 trades might end up being about patching holes rather than upgrades.)

samFFC

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills

Yup Dunks will outscore Viney for sure
Jacobs is fine. What's your current r1/r2?

Andrewy

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought Dunkley's role looked ok in round 1, and that the Bulldogs just had a rubbish game. Whitfield I'm less confident in, since he won't get to junk it up, and with Taranto likely back for R2. Sauce to Grundy is swapping cash generation for points. Do you have another underperformer to upgrade?

FWIW, I'm planning to keep Dunkley and Sauce, and am thinking about trading Whitfield to Wingard or Bewley.

(Also, I reckon that returning best 22 players are going to force a stack of the common rookies out - so R2 trades might end up being about patching holes rather than upgrades.)
:think:

Top Bottom