Trades LOCKOUT LIFTED - ROUND 2 TRADES (3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on these?

Whitfield to B.Smith/Wingard
Cumming to Howe
Green to Bennell

Will have Cavarra, Mcasey and maybe Budarick not playing as well but don’t see any must have rookies unless Sturt plays. Also feel like it’s now or never with Howe and Smith as both likely to rise 30-50k

Don’t love trading Whitfield, but I see it as

Whit 100 and Cumming/rookie 50
V
Smith 85-90 and Howe 85-90
So I’m 20-30 points to the better

Thoughts on these?

Whitfield to B.Smith/Wingard
Cumming to Howe
Green to Bennell

Will have Cavarra, Mcasey and maybe Budarick not playing as well but don’t see any must have rookies unless Sturt plays. Also feel like it’s now or never with Howe and Smith as both likely to rise 30-50k

Don’t love trading Whitfield, but I see it as

Whit 100 and Cumming/rookie 50
V
Smith 85-90 and Howe 85-90
So I’m 20-30 points to the better
I'm doing almost the same at the moment, except Green to Brown. If Bennell plays, I'll look at him too.

Thinking of doing something like Cavarra to Bailey Williams as a throwaway D8 (bonus if he plays) just to get Brander on field in my forward line. I've never really traded in these non playing types at D8 but Brander looks too good to leave on my pine.

My trades might revolve around whether or not Bennell is named

If Bennell is named
Out: T.Green, C.Jones, D.Macpherson
In: Bennell, Bewley, Petracca

If Bennell (or another suitable equivalent) is not named
Out: T.Green, D.Macpherson, I.Cumming/B.Smith
In: C.Ward, B.Bewley, H.Young/J.Howe

I do worry about Bewley's role in the side with Acres returning.

Thoughts on John Noble? 415k. 67 in round 1, which is 83 any other year. Two solid pre season games with 88 and 73. 100k to get Cumming up to him. Priced at around 56-60 region, could see him going 75-80. Mature aged and went 70’s in a couple of games last year
Hes on my radar for sure, but ive got Cerra so thinking of doing a straight swap and netting some coin at the same time.

Andrew Brayshaw or Tom Lynch(Rich)?? If you have both but can't trade both out this week, which one would you hang on to?

Probably would trade Lynch since hes carrying a 22 and will go down more money faster, however if u need the extra cash badly then Brayshaw sinces hes at a higher price point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It opens up alot of possibilities for sure that 200+k if you goto Wingard, I dont think id touch Grundy as Whit will lose some cash, but the chances of him having a blinder and trying to get him back would be a touch difficult
His expected price drop is -21k so even if you waited another week he'll still be around $800k. My preference is to ditch Darcy McPherson first (JLT hype pick), and I have Tom Green on field (Brander can be D6 for Cumming).

How many people looking at downgrading Whitfield for the cash? Seems a risky move.
I have done this at the moment although i highly doubt i will have the luxury to go through with it once team lists drop.

Having as close to 30 playing players is my main priority going in to round 2.

His expected price drop is -21k so even if you waited another week he'll still be around $800k. My preference is to ditch Darcy McPherson first (JLT hype pick), and I have Tom Green on field (Brander can be D6 for Cumming).
If you are rolling with Darcy I think he would be a prio to a windgard or B.Smith and gives you coin to do so, very nice luxury to have, if you count fixup trades as luxuries but thats what rn2 is always about. Brander on field is a good one to have an was a nice POD for coaches in r1 who went with him. I am personally benching Tom Green if he doesnt play at this stage and playing one of the other mid rooks

I have done this at the moment although i highly doubt i will have the luxury to go through with it once team lists drop.

Having as close to 30 playing players is my main priority going in to round 2.
There is only 2 trades I can really do to free up cash ( i have Grundy but i am not looking at trading him) is Whitfield and Brodie Smith down to players to free up some cash. But you are right when teams drop all the plans go out the window when we realise we have 0 bench cover

My 3 rooks which are almost certain to be dropped are Tom Green Madgen and Cavarra. May have to bite the bullet and write off F8 for now with Cavarra but best thing I can think of to address the first two:

Green > Bewley - gets Budarick off field which is a plus

Madgen > Noble - gets Roberton off field which is a plus

Price for all that is Whit > Bailey Smith. Thoughts?

My 3 rooks which are almost certain to be dropped are Tom Green Madgen and Cavarra. May have to bite the bullet and write off F8 for now with Cavarra but best thing I can think of to address the first two:

Green > Bewley - gets Budarick off field which is a plus

Madgen > Noble - gets Roberton off field which is a plus

Price for all that is Whit > Bailey Smith. Thoughts?
Sounds like a pretty common trade setup for most.
I'm going;
Whit > Smith (-15 points)
Cumming > Howe (+30 points)
Green > Rankine (via Budarick) (break even)

Means Brown or McInerney on the field and Ranking to F8 with Cavarra in the Utility spot for now.
Also gives me $267k for next week

It opens up alot of possibilities for sure that 200+k if you goto Wingard, I dont think id touch Grundy as Whit will lose some cash, but the chances of him having a blinder and trying to get him back would be a touch difficult
Personally I'm not touching Wingard.

Plays Geelong at Geelong next and I'm expecting a sub 50 score.

Smith on the other hand plays St. Kilda and I'm expecting 85!!

Personally I'm not touching Wingard.

Plays Geelong at Geelong next and I'm expecting a sub 50 score.

Smith on the other hand plays St. Kilda and I'm expecting 85!!
I started with Smith so looking at other decent options to make some cash, Wingard seems the best but I agree him down in Geelong is a concern. I dont think i can trust an Ebert or Simpkin (although would give alot of cash to play with)

Sounds like a pretty common trade setup for most.
I'm going;
Whit > Smith (-15 points)
Cumming > Howe (+30 points)
Green > Rankine (via Budarick) (break even)

Means Brown or McInerney on the field and Ranking to F8 with Cavarra in the Utility spot for now.
Also gives me $267k for next week
Definitely some level of risk and reward associated with each of the current hot options. My take on the players most of us seem to be considering:

Bailey Smith - Few Dogs to come back plus Bevo’s no locked roles policy is a slight concern. Hunter out for 4 does bode well for him however.

Howe - Prone to going back to his more defensive role. Always been a volatile scorer, 6 sub 50’s last year including a pair of 20’s. Can definitely see the upside but he’s still a roll of the dice play for mine.

Bewley - Acres in means one or both of him and Aish on the wings will be effected. Does tick some good boxes though with the single digit BE and sub 400k price tag.

Wingard - Cats and Tiges first up is a tough ask. Role aside, not sure I trust him that much as a player.

Noble - Has the least downside for mine, shown promise and role looks pretty locked. Getting him on field over Roberton only costs 100k and looks a solid way to get ahead of the great unwashed who will still be fielding him. Was in my team all pre season but 2 days before lockout unfortunately I found the coin to get him to Brodie Smith.

Definitely some level of risk and reward associated with each of the current hot options. My take on the players most of us seem to be considering:

Bailey Smith - Few Dogs to come back plus Bevo’s no locked roles policy is a slight concern. Hunter out for 4 does bode well for him however.

Howe - Prone to going back to his more defensive role. Always been a volatile scorer, 6 sub 50’s last year including a pair of 20’s. Can definitely see the upside but he’s still a roll of the dice play for mine.

Bewley - Acres in means one or both of him and Aish on the wings will be effected. Does tick some good boxes though with the single digit BE and sub 400k price tag.

Wingard - Cats and Tiges first up is a tough ask. Role aside, not sure I trust him that much as a player.

Noble - Has the least downside for mine, shown promise and role looks pretty locked. Getting him on field over Roberton only costs 100k and looks a solid way to get ahead of the great unwashed who will still be fielding him. Was in my team all pre season but 2 days before lockout unfortunately I found the coin to get him to Brodie Smith.
All great points.
I already have Bewley and Aish (I know!).
Tigers give up massive numbers to opposition defenders. I have Cummins, Aish and Roberton who all underperformed or will not play rd.2 so I'm thinking Howe this week as he is more likely to score big, and then go Aish or Roberton to Noble after rd2.

Soooo much is going to depend on rookies over the next month.
I have Cavarra and Green who probably won't play rd2 and only Rankine who can come in who will play.
Apparently Bytel is killing it for the Saints at training but who does he take the place of?

I also have Naismith on the bench so sort of hoping he only goes about 50 to give me a boost over those who have him on the field and then I need another rookie ruck named to make some good $$.

I started with Smith so looking at other decent options to make some cash, Wingard seems the best but I agree him down in Geelong is a concern. I dont think i can trust an Ebert or Simpkin (although would give alot of cash to play with)
Yeah fwd's are tough, assume you have Petracca?

I'm also keeping an eye on Snelling. Played fwd in the first half on rd1 and scored terribly but moved upo the ground in the 2nd half and got to 72 which is great at his price.
Also watching;
- Casboult if he keeps rucking
- Tucker as someone has to play inside mid for Freo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back