Trades LOCKOUT LIFTED - ROUND 2 TRADES (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah fwd's are tough, assume you have Petracca?

I'm also keeping an eye on Snelling. Played fwd in the first half on rd1 and scored terribly but moved upo the ground in the 2nd half and got to 72 which is great at his price.
Also watching;
- Casboult if he keeps rucking
- Tucker as someone has to play inside mid for Freo!
Yep I have the pettraca as well otherwise he would be on the radar too. Tucker is a smokey and one i will watch with interest, problem i am thinking with Wingard too is alot of teams will bring him in, i think Whitfield - Wingard will be an extremely popular trade.
Brodie Smith - Howe frees up cash but I feel you gotta back a guy like Smith in

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Not expecting any luxury trades this round. Green, Budarick on field and Cavarra, Starcevich, Madgen on bench. Expecting to trade them to Rankine, Bennell and perhaps Hayden Young will get a run? Means underwhelming players like Crisp, Smith, MacPherson all get a 2nd chance.

Jul 25, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Im looking at
Whitfield to Dusty
Cumming to Starcevich
BZT to Noble

will bank 126k for Round 3.
Players like Brodie Smith, Roberton, Brayshaw all on the chopping block.

Also I have Hopper, who will be a watch and see how he goes again.

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Rnd 2 trades are always so tough...

... join the massess and chase the Rnd1 favorites?

.... or back your guys in to turn it around even though they're plummeting in value?

My gut always says the 2nd option but I think in the past plugging holes early has been the better way forward.

Thinking I'll boot Whitfield, Ceglar and Brayshaw for Martin, Wingard and Bailey Smith.

But that'll be depending on donuts elsewhere.

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Rnd 2 trades are always so tough...

... join the massess and chase the Rnd1 favorites?

.... or back your guys in to turn it around even though they're plummeting in value?

My gut always says the 2nd option but I think in the past plugging holes early has been the better way forward.

Thinking I'll boot Whitfield, Ceglar and Brayshaw for Martin, Wingard and Bailey Smith.

But that'll be depending on donuts elsewhere.
Every year we see some massive scores round 1 from some speculative types, who then go back to their usual self. Not saying the likes of Howe and Viney are bad picks, in fact they’re good picks, but wouldn’t be expecting them to get those round 1 scores all season

Got to hold your premos, you picked them for a reason. That being said, Whitfield to Dusty nets 100k for a very similar average so that’s probably worth it imo. However say you’re a Dunkley owner, I wouldn’t be trading him to say Viney

I’m a Ceglar owner and feel like getting him to Bailey Smith is a good move

Dec 9, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
What’s the better combo

Howe and Bewley
Or
Noble and Bailey Smith?
I started with both Noble and Smith so probably a bit biased but would go with those two. Howe's role could change week to week depending on match ups and the fitness of other Pies talls. Bewley also has a bit of an unknown factor for me with Acres and plenty more Dockers returning.

Noble looks solid as a rock to avg mid 70s and could even push low 80s; the Pies love the ball in his hands. I also think that Smith could be around the 90 mark. Absolute worst case I think he plays on a wing with Hunter out, but I feel that he'll still get lots of inside mid time (despite Libba and Lipinski returning) as he was their best mid in rd1 and Bevo loved playing him there.

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I started with both Noble and Smith so probably a bit biased but would go with those two. Howe's role could change week to week depending on match ups and the fitness of other Pies talls. Bewley also has a bit of an unknown factor for me with Acres and plenty more Dockers returning.

Noble looks solid as a rock to avg mid 70s and could even push low 80s; the Pies love the ball in his hands. I also think that Smith could be around the 90 mark. Absolute worst case I think he plays on a wing with Hunter out, but I feel that he'll still get lots of inside mid time (despite Libba and Lipinski returning) as he was their best mid in rd1 and Bevo loved playing him there.
Cheers for the reply mate, some great insight

Totally agree with Noble, surprised there’s not more love for him tbh. Smith could turn into a top 10 forward you’d think if given the right role

Howe has some monsters last year but also had two 20’s

Jan 8, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Every year we see some massive scores round 1 from some speculative types, who then go back to their usual self. Not saying the likes of Howe and Viney are bad picks, in fact they’re good picks, but wouldn’t be expecting them to get those round 1 scores all season

Got to hold your premos, you picked them for a reason. That being said, Whitfield to Dusty nets 100k for a very similar average so that’s probably worth it imo. However say you’re a Dunkley owner, I wouldn’t be trading him to say Viney

I’m a Ceglar owner and feel like getting him to Bailey Smith is a good move
Im a Ceglar owner also and feel he has a good matchup against Cats next week and is also good insurance if you are running with Naismith at r2 then he is good coverage if he misses a game. His 55 wasnt great but i feel he is deserving of another week, at least that is what I am telling myself and if he comes good is a great POD.

Briar Gold

Premium Platinum
Apr 21, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I didn't get to see any of R1 aside from the Hawthorn match. If anyone can even remember, what was the deal with Roberton? Trade or a second chance

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Im a Ceglar owner also and feel he has a good matchup against Cats next week and is also good insurance if you are running with Naismith at r2 then he is good coverage if he misses a game. His 55 wasnt great but i feel he is deserving of another week, at least that is what I am telling myself and if he comes good is a great POD.
Would you go Ceglar to Bailey Smith or McCluggage to Viney?

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Well im also a Bailey Smith owner and certainly happier with Smith but i wouldnt be trading Ceglar this week, Id go Mccluggage to Viney before Ceglar to Smith as Viney looks like he will make more quick cash, if Viney is M5 or even M6 you are sitting pretty.
Ceglar does have a great match up. Ceglar to Smith can still happen next week as they’ll be about the same price. Viney looks like shooting up 40-50k this week, McCluggage is predicated to drop 5k

Jan 8, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Ceglar does have a great match up. Ceglar to Smith can still happen next week as they’ll be about the same price. Viney looks like shooting up 40-50k this week, McCluggage is predicated to drop 5k
Yep more than likely Ceglar will still be more expensive than Smith next week, but Ceglar pumps out a 80 this week thats a big leg up on the rest of the comp.

browncow

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2011
Grazing
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Aston Villa, Indiana Pacers
Currently looking at Bontempelli to Viney for some cash as well as cash generation. Might (will) come back to bite me round 2, but Bont struggled to 51 and has a date with De boer in Round 3.

That frees up about $100k. But am seriously considering going Bont to Ward or Bailey Smith which actually frees up about $220k.

I know Viney scored amazingly in round 1, but is he actually better value or likely to outscore Smith or Ward by much from here on in?

browncow

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2011
Grazing
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Aston Villa, Indiana Pacers
Just had a play around. Only have $1k in the bank.

If a $170k defender gets named I can downgrade Cummings to $170k defender, moving Brander on field.

This cash allows me to go Bontempelli to Ward and just enough cash to get Budarick to Bailey Smith.

So basically after trades the on field difference would be Bontempelli, Cummings and Budarick to Ward, Bailey Smith and Brander.

This all depends on a $170k defender getting named and one of T.Green, T.Brown or McInerney holding their spot in the midfield.

Would make Brander the only rookie on field in defence, with Taylor the only rookie on field up fwd. Rowell, Pickett and one of Green, Brown or McInerney on field in the mids.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Thoughts on:

Whitfield > Dusty
Macpherson > Noble
Green > Smith

Status