Lodden Valley F.L

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Weapo --- how about former West Adelaide and GVFL (Echuca) player Peter Bird ?
He's going to Pyramid Hill to play with his bro. Steve, a former coach of the LVFL Dogs.
Heard of P. Bird ?? Came thru the TAC Cup ranks with the Bendigo Pioneers and had 5 years in the SANFL.
I think he's about 25 now.

Jock Clark 2 said:
OK, Weapo --- how about former West Adelaide and GVFL (Echuca) player Peter Bird ?
He's going to Pyramid Hill to play with his bro. Steve, a former coach of the LVFL Dogs.
Heard of P. Bird ?? Came thru the TAC Cup ranks with the Bendigo Pioneers and had 5 years in the SANFL.
I think he's about 25 now.

He is a very handy inclusion for Pyramid Hill. Tough in and under player with good skills. Interesting to see him go to that league though. Has he been injured or is he just getting paid plenty. If he has gone just to play with his brother than good on him. But yes JC2 - goo pick up!

Wayne Weideman said:
BREAKING NEWS: luke knight who is rumoured to have signed with mitiamo for season 2006 has done his neck while attempting to dance at the sundance saloon. this is a major set back not only for luke but for the newly appointed billy grant and his chargers. its believed the injury occured from to much neck movement while on the dance floor. Shane moloney who examined luke the next day had this to say - "it dosent look good for this full back of the century"

It's not uncommon for serious injuries to occur at different night spots around town. I read an article in the bendigo advertiser a short time ago of a seymour lad causing injury to others amidts his attempts to woo the ladies on the dance floor at the popular night spot 'The Warehouse'. Turns out he had some classy dance move where he was to leap from one foot to the other which would be followed by a slide all while one hand covered his right ear as if he was scratching the deks on a dj's turntable. The high elbow action collided with on lookers and the rescue team had this to say... "The rekless dancer is obviously not aware of the risks involved with outrageous move such as the ones he was attempting. The dancer is currently seing a councellor to sort this issue out"

good luck young glen!;)

Wayne Weideman said:
BREAKING NEWS: luke knight who is rumoured to have signed with mitiamo for season 2006 has done his neck while attempting to dance at the sundance saloon. this is a major set back not only for luke but for the newly appointed billy grant and his chargers. its believed the injury occured from to much neck movement while on the dance floor. Shane moloney who examined luke the next day had this to say - "it dosent look good for this full back of the century"

It's not uncommon for serious injuries to occur at different night spots around town. I read an article in the bendigo advertiser a short time ago of a seymour lad causing injury to others amidts his attempts to woo the ladies on the dance floor at the popular night spot 'The Warehouse'. Turns out he had some classy dance move where he was to leap from one foot to the other which would be followed by a slide all while one hand covered his right ear as if he was scratching the deks on a dj's turntable. The high elbow action collided with on lookers and the rescue team had this to say... "The rekless dancer is obviously not aware of the risks involved with outrageous move such as the ones he was attempting. The dancer is currently seing a councellor to sort this issue out"

good luck young glen!;)

ROOBOY14 said:
Is Jason "the snake" Charles staying at Serp

Nah Charles has moved on to Elmore in the Heathcote League. Word has it that he was going to Huntly after Serp couldn't match there offer and then Elmore stood in and nabbed him through the influence of Southcombe I would suggest who was invovled at Serp last year. Didn't see him play but there is mixed reports on his value but Southcombe obviously rates him after seeing him first hand. How did he go up Golden Rivers way?

OTM, I forgot to mention that P. Bird would be Pyramid's assistant coach.
He obviously will give the LVFL Doggies a fair dash of midfield grunt.
Wot do u think of their chances in the Loddon Valley league this season ??

Jock Clark 2 said:

is that the same peter bird that played at echuca jock?

:thumbsu: YERS, Weeds .... 2 years with Echuca in the GVFL.
Started with the Pioneers, I believe, and has also had lotta experience with West Adelaide, as mentioned on page 2.

Jock Clark 2 said:
:thumbsu: YERS, Weeds .... 2 years with Echuca in the GVFL.
Started with the Pioneers, I believe, and has also had lotta experience with West Adelaide, as mentioned on page 2.

at echuca he was a mad man. when things don't go his way or someone is getting on top of him he goes the knuckle. he can do some stupid things.

Jock Clark 2 said:

I'm not real close to the action there Jockster but I heard a couple of there key players havent committed as yet which will be a factor on their chances. They finished 3rd last season and Alford has good raps as a coach but they may still be a couple short of winning it. Bird will be handy there but he was only on the fringe at Echuca and does have a tendency to get sucked in.

I have no doubts Calivil's strangle hold on this league will end this year. The loss of Pip Hethrington will be too hard to cover. The team is old and and now lacking any real fire power and their attitude towards their opposition leaves alot to be desired. After a big pre saeson of countless hours of swiss ball crunches and isolated bicep curls(disco pumps) alot is expected of Daniel Smith, wether he can produce the goods remains to be seen. My selections for the top four as follows:

Bears Lagoon / Serp
YCW (extended pre season will pay dividends)
Calivil
Marong (if Luke Mclennan and Barry brothers stop smoking pipes and return to the track)

Any thoughts?

what is robert morris doin this year? heard he is cumin back 4 a big season heard he has been trainin hard and lookin fit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

roksinga said:
you dont rate newbridge as a chance thats interesting

Newbridge look good to play off in the big one they had a solid base last year (copped a bad run with injury) and have added Brad Comer and Scott Carson who would both be in the top 10 players of this comp. They also have added another half dozen players who would be unknown quantities.

does any one have any info on a dan smith form calival. he is rumered to live with the big bendigo bomber jake mathews. just wanted to know a bit about him. can he play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back