LODDON VALLEY - 2012 SEASON

Hellboy

Team Captain
Apr 2, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Melbourne
Considering we're half way through 2012, it's about time for a new thread.

No team can lay claim to being a clear flag favourite at the half way mark. The top 5 looks relatively settled but with Newbridge coming good after a shaky start to the season, the order is anyone's guess. Marong will rue the early losses to Mitiamo and Calivil, but have 6 of the last 8 at home keeping their finals chances alive. YCW, after being highly fancied in the pre season will be wondering where it all went wrong. Along with Mitiamo and Inglewood, they could consider their season over.

jdog37

Rookie
Aug 17, 2009
Bendigo
AFL Club
Adelaide
bit quiet on here? should be an interesting round coming up.
Bridgewater vs Newbridge
Pyramid Vs Serp
Calivill Vs Marong
Thoughts??

Jiggystoon

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2010
The other side
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Newcastle United, New York Mets
Have a quick question that im hoping someone will be able to answer for me, back in 2000 Newbridge beat YCW in the GF (im certain it was those two) Question is, what ground was the game played at?

Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Have a quick question that im hoping someone will be able to answer for me, back in 2000 Newbridge beat YCW in the GF (im certain it was those two) Question is, what ground was the game played at?

Stinking hot day at Calivil. Newbridge won by less than a goal.

Buttons

Rookie
Jan 25, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thanks buddy, I actually think it was only a couple of points, I was there when I was younger but for the life of me I couldnt remember what ground it was at
I remember watching this one, several yc players reported after the game over a questionable final goal in the last minute. Hard to split the teams but an epic grandfinal, Carson a Castlemaine recruit the difference. great leap and kick. Was great for the comp as they had a run of close grand finals with yc normally losing with the country versus town club rivalry going strong.
People now talk the league down but lets be honest, it may not be as strong in standard as it once was in the past but as long as local community gets behind it it will have a long & enjoyable future, thats what its about.

Jiggystoon

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2010
The other side
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Newcastle United, New York Mets
I remember watching this one, several yc players reported after the game over a questionable final goal in the last minute. Hard to split the teams but an epic grandfinal, Carson a Castlemaine recruit the difference. great leap and kick. Was great for the comp as they had a run of close grand finals with yc normally losing with the country versus town club rivalry going strong.
People now talk the league down but lets be honest, it may not be as strong in standard as it once was in the past but as long as local community gets behind it it will have a long & enjoyable future, thats what its about.

Yep, can remember the YCW players giving the umps are earful after the final siren, its a good comp the Loddon Valley, everyone has a crack and the people around the clubs are so passionate about there footy

Hellboy

Team Captain
Apr 2, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Melbourne
Have the finals venues been released yet?

Finals will be at Pyramid Hill, Inglewood, Marong, Bridgewater, Calivil and YCW.

Pyramid are due the Grand Final but depending on where they finish, the GF may be moved to Inglewood. The exact make up of finals venues won't be known until after the final round.

Hellboy

Team Captain
Apr 2, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Melbourne
Finals venues are out.

Qualifying final - Calivil
Elimination final - Pyramid Hill
2nd Semi Final - Marong
1st Semi Final - Bridgewater
Preliminary Final - YCW
Grand Final - Inglewood

jdog37

Rookie
Aug 17, 2009
Bendigo
AFL Club
Adelaide
Finals venues are out.

Qualifying final - Calivil
Elimination final - Pyramid Hill
2nd Semi Final - Marong
1st Semi Final - Bridgewater
Preliminary Final - YCW
Grand Final - Inglewood

Should Be an interesting round of finals.
Thoughts hellboy?

CRACKA

Rookie
Mar 7, 2010
bendigo
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Very quiet on here boys, anybody still out there?? Whos going to win the big one this Saturday between Newbridge and Pyr Hill and why?

Hellboy

Team Captain
Apr 2, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Melbourne
By my count there's 4 teams looking for new coaches - Calivil, YCW, Inglewood and Mitiamo. Any news on appointments?

Any rumours/truths/lies about player movements for 2013?

Claude Critchley

Senior List
Feb 4, 2012
Pall Mall
AFL Club
Carlton
Pyramid have signed Kerangs premiership coach for whats believed to be 35k with Coatsey taking over the blues job next season. Way too much $$ at the Hill

Back