LODDON VALLEY - 2012 SEASON

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont agree with appointment either. Club land needs to be maintained and this just shows the LVFL as being lazy in chasing or not paying for a well credentialed coach. Surely there has to be some impartiality from club to league and usually the interleague coach doesnt come from within a club ( although may have retired from one recently)
A couple of names not coaching who could be approached, Derrick Filo, Nick Carter, Billy Grant, Stephen Dean or someone well known to draw players to the game.

The only time an LVFL coach wasn't a current coach of a club was last year. Many leagues appoint current coaches from clubs. The only one of the names you mention that would have any clue about the current LVFL players would be Bill Grant, and he's currently living in Darwin. He also had 10 Mitiamo players in the interleague side the year he coached.

Granted, a playing coach is outside the norm these days, and Corey doesn't have a huge amount of coaching experience; however players representing their league should not need to be 'coached'. Getting the best players to play interleague is a problem that many leagues face; Corey will bring youth and enthusiasm that may just see the best players put their hand up. Having spoken to him about it already, he is very keen to atone for the the loss to the NCFL last year. He has proven already to be a leader on the field, and you might be surprised how well he carries himself off it.

The only time an LVFL coach wasn't a current coach of a club was last year. Many leagues appoint current coaches from clubs. The only one of the names you mention that would have any clue about the current LVFL players would be Bill Grant, and he's currently living in Darwin. He also had 10 Mitiamo players in the interleague side the year he coached.

Granted, a playing coach is outside the norm these days, and Corey doesn't have a huge amount of coaching experience; however players representing their league should not need to be 'coached'. Getting the best players to play interleague is a problem that many leagues face; Corey will bring youth and enthusiasm that may just see the best players put their hand up. Having spoken to him about it already, he is very keen to atone for the the loss to the NCFL last year. He has proven already to be a leader on the field, and you might be surprised how well he carries himself off it.

answered the post by answering your own statement. He doesnt have alot of coaching experience but you are kidding yourself if you think interleague doesnt need players to be "coached". Most will play in different positions and some will be expected to do jobs if they want to win. You dont all just show up and play. what are the rotations and were does the blokes ion the bench fit into the team if x , y or z goes down or not getting a kick?
Was Bill Grant the premiership coach from the year he coached?
Do the LVFL want to maintain or improve their ranking of 22 in the VCFL out of 35 leagues?
PS - I am not having a go at Corey as obviously was asked and accepted but LVFL should have put some time into it instead of taking an easy option.

Yes I do believe a few have taken the fools gold !!!!

cant bag them for trying to improve. Its about time they started to improve and hopefully they can be alot more competitive this year. If they have to throw some dollars to get a couple of gun players so be it if they can afford it.
I wish them a much improved 2013 as only strengthens the league.

answered the post by answering your own statement. He doesnt have alot of coaching experience but you are kidding yourself if you think interleague doesnt need players to be "coached". Most will play in different positions and some will be expected to do jobs if they want to win. You dont all just show up and play. what are the rotations and were does the blokes ion the bench fit into the team if x , y or z goes down or not getting a kick?
Do the LVFL want to maintain or improve their ranking of 22 in the VCFL out of 35 leagues?
PS - I am not having a go at Corey as obviously was asked and accepted but LVFL should have put some time into it instead of taking an easy option.

Mate the hardest part of coaching interleague sides would be to get the best blokes to actually play I'd reckon. I have only known Corey for a short time but he is an impressive operator and I think that he will be able to pull a good side together

Ryan Haythorpe had a pretty ordinary day against the MCDFL a couple of years ago and he remained on the ground all day. Should have been dragged. My point, a well credentialed, experienced, non player was coaching that day and didn't make all the right decisions.

Surely someone who knows the players he is coaching will know who is the best to 'do a job', over someone who will have to ask his support staff because he hasn't seen half the side play. My point, a current coach is not a bad appointment.

Bill Grant wasn't the premiership coach the year he coached.

Anyway, I believe the league made the appointment with the aim being to increase player interest in interleague footy. I guess we'll find out in due course.

Ryan Haythorpe had a pretty ordinary day against the MCDFL a couple of years ago and he remained on the ground all day. Should have been dragged. My point, a well credentialed, experienced, non player was coaching that day and didn't make all the right decisions.

Surely someone who knows the players he is coaching will know who is the best to 'do a job', over someone who will have to ask his support staff because he hasn't seen half the side play. My point, a current coach is not a bad appointment.

Anyway, I believe the league made the appointment with the aim being to increase player interest in interleague footy. I guess we'll find out in due course.
Certainly don't think this appointment will increase player interest but good luck to him. To his credit he was one of the better players in the de-pantsing handed out by the NCFL last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read the article in the Advertiser RE Gregg coaching the interleague and trying to work out what planet he is on. NCFL had all their guns playing and LVFL didn't? Hasn't he heard of Corey Jones, Shannon Motlop? Also James MacNamee not the worst player going round. If you're going to be representing the league spare us the excuses and get on with the job.

I'm reliably informed that Postle and Comer came to blows at training during the week.
Yes I heard the same thing apprantly Postle punched comer in the face and broke 2 fingers pretty bad gonna miss half the year and comer is seriously thinking of a move to Heathcote with fordy not exactly sure what happened between the two but it was on

I have talked to both parties and can assure you that it is 100% true! Huge punch on apparently had to be pulled apart by team mates and then both got in their cars and left. Haven't talked since!

So what is the extent of the fallout??

Will either of them be on the move? What sparked it?

Seen Postle the other day, hand all in plaster won't be playing for a few months he reckons still a lot of bad blood between the two and if my sources are correct comer has had meetings with Heathcote could be very interesting at riverside park without them running around

I'm not certain of the exact reason but I've heard that Postle has been texting comers ex Missus on the sly. Postle is known for his smooth texting abilitys and could seduce the queen her self if given her didgits. There could be a few headed to the saints with the chin as the brawl has divided the club a bit. From all reports Postle is staying and at least comer and one other on the move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back