Traded Logan Austin [traded to St Kilda]

Remove this Banner Ad

In a way 45 is enough for a young not yet established key defender , but in another way it's not nearly enough for a guy we really need to keep , is contracted , and has shown a few things in his time that are freakish.

Also this draft is just poo.

If they couldn't get us a similar player in a 3way (which they won't) I'm holding onto him unless a 2018 2nd is on the table for Austin and eagles 2018 3rd but don't see that happening at all. I'll be pissed if we take less than a 2018 3rd. Even then while fair and can't complain it's a risk to deplete our stocks so much

We are probably willing/able to throw him more cash as well, given the cap space we have available as other things didn't....ahem....work out.

I'd imagine that could be as much of a motivator as anything.

I didn't even think about next years picks.

I'm pretty sure it will be a deal that suits both parties, given that Port aren't under pressure to get rid and he is contracted. Either that or it won't happen.

Port have done some pretty shrewd business in the last fortnight, will be really interesting to see how you go next year. If Watts and Motlop can shine away from the Melbourne spotlight you'll be in with a chance.

Last edited:

And here we have another. There's a thing called bargaining power. Look it up.

Here's a transcript of St Kilda attempting to negotiate a trade of a fourth rounder for an uncontracted Logan Austin:

St Kilda: "Fourth rounder"
Port: "We're in deep of depth key defenders and we're quite happy with his development, we think he's worth at least a third rounder".
Port: "We're not happy with it, but better to lose him for a fourth rounder than nothing, sold."

Here's a transcript of St Kilda attempting to negotiate a trade of a fourth rounder for a contracted Logan Austin:

Port: "We're in deep of depth key defenders and we're quite happy with his development, we think he's worth a third rounder".
Port: "No deal, we'll just keep him instead, goodbye."

Hope this has cleared things up. It's a seller's market. Austin is worth what Port Adelaide say he's worth. If another club isn't willing to pay up, he's a Port Adelaide player again next year.

You just traded for a former #1 Pick with almost 10 years development into him whilst contracted, for a second round pick, a garbage one at that at pick31, you expect a high pick for a player who nobody knows of, was one of the last picks in the draft who's proven next to nothing?

tumblr_o3dikz274b1upf2pto1_400.gif

Since it is so late in trade week/s I think 2 firsts to port and Austin and a future 2nd going back to saints should get it done before 12 tomorrow.

You just traded for a former #1 Pick with almost 10 years development into him whilst contracted, for a second round pick, a garbage one at that at pick31, you expect a high pick for a player who nobody knows of, was one of the last picks in the draft who's proven next to nothing?

* me

Leaving out plenty of details there. You could be a politician with the way you spin s**t.

Mentioning watts was a number 1 pick like it matters 9 years after he was drafted and leaving out the part where his coach basically slammed him and said he didn't want him.

Also not sure how pick 31 is a garbage second rounder but the poster you quoted didn't set a specific pic other than to say we should hold him unless they pay up.

??????

glory be me

Leaving out plenty of details there. You could be a politician with the way you spin s**t.

Mentioning watts was a number 1 pick like it matters 9 years after he was drafted and leaving out the part where his coach basically slammed him and said he didn't want him.

Also not sure how pick 31 is a garbage second rounder but the poster you quoted didn't set a specific pic other than to say we should hold him unless they pay up.

??????

I must have missed our club coming out and publicly shitcanning Austin and expressing our desire to be rid of him the way that Melbourne did with Watts? Whatever bargaining power they had, they managed to talk their way out of. One of the dumber trade week strategies I’ve ever seen but I’m glad my club was the beneficiary of it.

I’m not expecting a high pick. But promising contracted young talls don’t get traded for fourth rounders. At absolute worst Austin is worth something around what Harrison Wigg was traded for.

If we were really keen then potentially the future second with a third or fourth back.

Don't think we will though, 3rd/4th rounders to try and get it done.

If not, then we will probably pick up Talia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Austin showed more at AFL level last year than either of those two ever have.
Here we have somebody who doesn't understand football. Schache had the best rookie season from a KPF we have seen in many, many years. Yet you think a couple of solid games in 2016 in "the best defence in the AFL" means he's worth more? Please.

Here we have somebody who doesn't understand football. Schache had the best rookie season from a KPF we have seen in many, many years. Yet you think a couple of solid games in 2016 in "the best defence in the AFL" means he's worth more? Please.

“The best rookie season from a KPF we’ve seen in many, many years?” LOL. Didn’t even average a goal a game. It arguably wasn’t even the best rookie season from a Brisbane Lions KPF in 2016.

“The best rookie season from a KPF we’ve seen in many, many years?” LOL. Didn’t even average a goal a game. It arguably wasn’t even the best rookie season from a Brisbane Lions KPF in 2016.
Name a first year KPF that was better, in the last 10 years. I dare you. And Hogan doesn't count, he was two years older.

Name a first year KPF that was better, in the last 10 years. I dare you. And Hogan doesn't count, he was two years older.

Well this is well off track, but if you insist:

Josh Schache - 16 goals from 17 games

Taylor Walker - 23 goals from 14 games
Eric Hipwood - 11 goals from 10 games
Tom Lynch - 15 goals from 13 games
Tom Hawkins - 12 goals from 9 games
Jeremy Cameron - 29 goals from 16 games
Justin Westhoff - 34 goals from 16 games
Lance Franklin - 21 goals from 20 games
Jack Darling - 24 goals from 23 games

Bonus fun fact: Josh Schache kicked as many goals in his first 17 games as John Butcher kicked in his first 6 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back