Traded Logan Austin [traded to St Kilda]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wished he would stay but clearly a deal worked behind the scenes.
3rd rounder is all this is really worth tbh.
Wonder if there someone else coming into Port we dont know about.

And here we have another. There's a thing called bargaining power. Look it up.

Here's a transcript of St Kilda attempting to negotiate a trade of a fourth rounder for an uncontracted Logan Austin:

St Kilda: "Fourth rounder"
Port: "We're in deep of depth key defenders and we're quite happy with his development, we think he's worth at least a third rounder".
Port: "We're not happy with it, but better to lose him for a fourth rounder than nothing, sold."

Here's a transcript of St Kilda attempting to negotiate a trade of a fourth rounder for a contracted Logan Austin:

Port: "We're in deep of depth key defenders and we're quite happy with his development, we think he's worth a third rounder".
Port: "No deal, we'll just keep him instead, goodbye."

Hope this has cleared things up. It's a seller's market. Austin is worth what Port Adelaide say he's worth. If another club isn't willing to pay up, he's a Port Adelaide player again next year.
And here we have a third Saints fan who doesn't understand the concept of bargaining power. Koby Stevens was uncontracted.
Here we have somebody who doesn't understand the difference between trading for a contracted player and trading for an uncontracted player.
And Austin showed more at AFL level last year than either of those two ever have.

And here we have a Power fan who does not just have egg on his face, but basically tripped and fell into the egg section at Woolies.

Here's an exclusive transcript of negotiations:

St Kilda: Okay Port, we want Logan Austin, he was pick 69, has played 13 games in 3 years, isn't in your best 22 and wants to come to us. We'll give you a future third rounder if you throw in a future fourth

Port: Okay Deal
#BargainingPower

Last edited:
And here we have a Power fan who does not just have egg on his face, but basically tripped and fell into the egg section at Woolies.

Here's an exclusive transcript of negotiations:

St Kilda: Okay Port, we want Logan Austin, he was pick 69, has played 13 games in 3 years, isn't in your best 22 and wants to come to us. We'll give you a future third rounder

Port: Okay Deal
#BargainingPower

Err ... I said he wouldn’t be traded for a fourth rounder. He was traded for a third rounder, which is what I said I thought he was worth in my post. I was right. Not sure what point you thought you were proving here but you completely failed to prove it.

Aaron Young is a much better player than Logan Austin, but we only got a fourth rounder for an uncontracted Young and we got a third rounder for a contracted Austin. #bargainingpower

Err ... I said he wouldn’t be traded for a fourth rounder. He was traded for a third rounder, which is what I said I thought he was worth in my post. I was right. Not sure what point you thought you were proving here but you completely failed to prove it.

Aaron Young is a much better player than Logan Austin, but we only got a fourth rounder for an uncontracted Young and we got a third rounder for a contracted Austin. #bargainingpower
Yeah ..You won ..ok ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lmao

St Kilda before Ameet Bains got the gig: Four consecutive finals appearances, including two Grand Final appearances

St Kilda after Ameet Bains got the gig: Six consecutive years without finals

I can see why you revere that bloke so much, he’s obviously a gun. :drunk:

The Heathen cried out "thou shall not be a trade, I damn the to no finals. we command the 2nd round draft pick" and the lord Ameet said "do not worry poor bogan, the pick is as i said it and the trade shall be done. we will return to the promised land". As the lord commanded it, such was the trade.

Your bargaining power is Schulzenhouse

St Kilda before Ameet Bains got the gig: Four consecutive finals appearances, including two Grand Final appearances

St Kilda after Ameet Bains got the gig: Six consecutive years without finals

I can see why you revere that bloke so much, he’s obviously a gun. :drunk:
Makes sense

Based on this year's ladder positions, the pick swap in this trade value Austin at around pick 73.

But sure, Austin is worth a second rounder and has shown more than Josh Schache :rolleyes:

the alimighty ameetos can perform miracles but sadly he cannot cure stupid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back