floodbuster

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2014
Too close to the sun
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Southampton fc
Or course they're not better. The Force Awakens is like ranked maybe 6/7 or 7/7. Rogue One had a number of great elements, but also had a number of terrible aspects to it. More enjoyable than TFA tho.
OK, just had to see as I felt your opinion of Logan left me with a feeling of...Do you play American football without a helmut.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
OK, just had to see as I felt your opinion of Logan left me with a feeling of...Do you play American football without a helmut.

I'm right about Logan.
I thought Captain America - Winter Soldier was a great movie tho :thumbsu: As far as that genre goes. But also as a movie in and of itself.
You'd be surprised how right I am about stuff. People get way over-awed/hyped by a movie.
Another one I was right about....The Witch. Check out my comments about that film in this board.
Bet you agree.

I'm right about Logan.
I thought Captain America - Winter Soldier was a great movie tho :thumbsu: As far as that genre goes. But also as a movie in and of itself.
You'd be surprised how right I am about stuff. People get way over-awed/hyped by a movie.
Another one I was right about....The Witch. Check out my comments about that film in this board.
Bet you agree.

What do you rate Logan from 10?

I'm very harsh with my ratings out of ten. Doesn't reflect well with how %99 of the world does their ratings out of ten.

But...probably 2/10.

1 for the effort and dexterity in making it.
1 for the few things/moments in it that were ok.

I dont mind harsh ratings but 2 is extreme.

Particularly when you can give TFA a 7

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Oculus surprised me too, really enjoyed it.
;) I'm seldom wrong

But yeah, you can tell when a movie is actually good, when you can't pull yourself away from it -- like say you're watching it on TV/PC. Can't pause it to go get a coffee or have a bite to eat. Or, if you do want to make a coffee, you run to the kitchen and run back.

In cinema terms, you're just on auto-pilot, your hand digging popcorn out and feeding your mouth without realizing it. Barely noticing the person you're with (if someone will go with you :( ), not notice people around you, not be self-conscious to laugh out loud or make a "WHOA" etc and not care, and all those kinds of things. You're like out of your skin. Engrossed in the vision, and not notice anything/anyone around you, till all of a sudden the movie's over.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
My bad. So what do u rate it?
2/10

That breaks down as....

1 for returning to an organic film-making process
1 for Kylo Ren (tho that's more Adam Driver's invention)....when he was first cast in this movie, I just KNEW instinctually he would play a baddie with anger management problems, lashing out destroying things. As I saw him in Girls do that often. Knew he would bring that to his character.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm going to disagree with you on that one, read Uncanny X men 205 and see the similarities, that is a lot of the reason why I love that movie.
I respect your opinion, and your personal taste. Sorry to offend. Like, people have a love for a certain genre or particular thing (x men, comics, etc) and so they're like massive fans, and love the movie releases, all of them, all good, all part of the genre/IP you're so invested in.

BUT....i reckon deep down...you wouldn't rate that movie so high among all the Marvel movies....at the very least you might agree to "see" some of those points I raised about why Logan wasn't a very gripping movie per se.

Ok, let me try this another way....

You tell me what you didn't like about Logan.

2/10

That breaks down as....

1 for returning to an organic film-making process
1 for Kylo Ren (tho that's more Adam Driver's invention)....when he was first cast in this movie, I just KNEW instinctually he would play a baddie with anger management problems, lashing out destroying things. As I saw him in Girls do that often. Knew he would bring that to his character.

Haha at least your consistent.

I dont even like star wars and id give tfa a 5, mainly coz I really didnt get bored during it

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Haha at least your consistent.

I dont even like star wars and id give tfa a 5, mainly coz I really didnt get bored during it

It wasn't boring at least. Rogue One was boring for the first half of the movie, if not longer.
But TFA was just so plagiarized it doesn't even deserve to be ranked higher than 7th. Abrams sucks. I hate him so much.
Gareth Edwards at least fleshed out Rogue One more, added so many new/different elements, gave it a war documentary feel too, had better worlds, etc. More original/creative than Abrams in TFA.

It wasn't boring at least. Rogue One was boring for the first half of the movie, if not longer.
But TFA was just so plagiarized it doesn't even deserve to be ranked higher than 7th. Abrams sucks. I hate him so much.
Gareth Edwards at least fleshed out Rogue One more, added so many new/different elements, gave it a war documentary feel too, had better worlds, etc. More original/creative than Abrams in TFA.

I agree about Abrams. So overrated.

I was watching rogue one tonight but switched off after 40 mins. Not feeling it even with one of my fav actors Mads Mikkelson in it.

The young lead male of the rebels is atrocious.

But lets not derail this thread further.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I agree about Abrams. So overrated.

I was watching rogue one tonight but switched off after 40 mins. Not feeling it even with one of my fav actors Mads Mikkelson in it.

The young lead male of the rebels is atrocious.

But lets not derail this thread further.

The best part of R1 is the last 3rd of the movie. Gotta watch it thru for that payoff.

But yes, let's not derail this thread any further.

Sorry mods!

Please, all resume Logan/Marvel banter.

floodbuster

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2014
Too close to the sun
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Southampton fc
I respect your opinion, and your personal taste. Sorry to offend. Like, people have a love for a certain genre or particular thing (x men, comics, etc) and so they're like massive fans, and love the movie releases, all of them, all good, all part of the genre/IP you're so invested in.

BUT....i reckon deep down...you wouldn't rate that movie so high among all the Marvel movies....at the very least you might agree to "see" some of those points I raised about why Logan wasn't a very gripping movie per se.

Ok, let me try this another way....

You tell me what you didn't like about Logan.
You don't need to be sorry about offending, it's just that when you give such a strong opinion about how bad a movie is when (literally) everyone else is saying the opposite hurts your movie judging credibility.

Things I didn't like.
I felt there was too much swearing in it, grown adults don't swear that much unless they are trying to impress someone and Logan's not that type.
Maybe the kids getting that far away on their own and Sabretooth not being used but still hardly reasons to hate the movie.

Things I liked.
It showed a more human/flawed side to the characters especially the professor, his more sporadically placed use of the F bomb was also more real.
This wasn't a movie where everyone fights against impossible odds and wins the day with a few carefully placed laser beams or so forth
Part of what made the movie 'real' for me was how "bad" Logan was killed, sometimes a well placed adamantium bullet can save the day, I call it the Indiana Jones solution. ;)

Saw it on the weekend. Probably the best Marvel film I've seen, even best superhero film, close to one of the best films I've seen. Still thinking about it today.

Back