Remove this Banner Ad

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi again everyone!

Footy in Poland is exploding these days... One of our top Warsaw players recently moved to Lublin for work – so he, and another local footy enthusiast, have started a team there.

They will be known as the Lublin Hornets, and they’ve asked me to get on Bigfooty to procure a logo (this forum is legendary in Poland these days). To quote: “We are a fresh team from Lublin, Poland and we will be glad if you can make a logo for us”.

COMPETITION DETAILS:
  • Deadline for entry: 17th October 2021
  • Selection process: all the designs will be shown to the players and they will vote on their preferred design in a poll. Note that there may be entries from outside BigFooty too. The players have until the 20th of October to vote.
  • Award: The award for the winning Bigfooty logo is $40. If a Bigfooty design doesn't win the final poll, we will still award the $40 to the BigFooty design which placed highest.

GUIDELINES:
  • The club colours are Yellow and Black. They have not specified what exact kind of yellow – that is in your hands. They also said the designers may add an element of white as a 3rd colour if you desire. (I think one of the boys might be a Tigers supporter…)
  • There must be a hornet in the logo
  • The words “Lublin Hornets” must be present.
  • They’d like to see a design that has a footy (ball, Sherrin) incorporated into it somewhere. They stated that this is a “nice have”

As always, looking forward to seeing the entries!

Here's a random photo of Lublin:

thumb_1200x630_Lublin_panorama_starego_Miasta.jpg

More footy being played in Poland than in Melbourne

You're not wrong..! It's been flat out here over the last couple of months with matches and tournaments. Plus we played a tournament in Vienna a few weeks ago. We had the Warsaw derby on Saturday, and we'll have the last game of the year - Wrocław vs Nysa - next weekend.

Hi again everyone!

Footy in Poland is exploding these days... One of our top Warsaw players recently moved to Lublin for work – so he, and another local footy enthusiast, have started a team there.

They will be known as the Lublin Hornets, and they’ve asked me to get on Bigfooty to procure a logo (this forum is legendary in Poland these days). To quote: “We are a fresh team from Lublin, Poland and we will be glad if you can make a logo for us”.

COMPETITION DETAILS:
  • Deadline for entry: 17th October 2021
  • Selection process: all the designs will be shown to the players and they will vote on their preferred design in a poll. Note that there may be entries from outside BigFooty too. The players have until the 20th of October to vote.
  • Award: The award for the winning Bigfooty logo is $40. If a Bigfooty design doesn't win the final poll, we will still award the $40 to the BigFooty design which placed highest.

GUIDELINES:
  • The club colours are Yellow and Black. They have not specified what exact kind of yellow – that is in your hands. They also said the designers may add an element of white as a 3rd colour if you desire. (I think one of the boys might be a Tigers supporter…)
  • There must be a hornet in the logo
  • The words “Lublin Hornets” must be present.
  • They’d like to see a design that has a footy (ball, Sherrin) incorporated into it somewhere. They stated that this is a “nice have”

As always, looking forward to seeing the entries!

Here's a random photo of Lublin:

View attachment 1252713
Not sure if I'll enter.
Either way please give me a team to support in Polish footy :)

Had an idea, happy with how it looks. I'm hoping my idea on how to incorporate a football isn't lost on everyone lol. MoscowHawk I can fix anything the club wants changed, might revise this before the comp ends too.
EDIT: I did revise it, fixing the lace lines, eyes, text placement (all very minimally) and adding a stroke to the logo for the yellow background which I'm not sold on but I've kept the old submission there to see what it looks like with and without the stroke on the yellow background.
1634192347683.png

Last edited:
The Swooping Hornet

View attachment 1258976

Very inspired from the NBA's Charlotte Hornets logo.​
First of all, I love that hornet. Question - have you tried all the text underneath the hornet?
Or if the hornet was the top of the shield (removing that extra space above it) then the text, footy and stinger was as it is below? Just a thought!

First of all, I love that hornet. Question - have you tried all the text underneath the hornet?
Or if the hornet was the top of the shield (removing that extra space above it) then the text, footy and stinger was as it is below? Just a thought!
Oh actually not too bad of an idea there. I'll move some stuff around and see if anything sticks. But cheers :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Swooping Hornet

View attachment 1258976

Very inspired from the NBA's Charlotte Hornets logo.​
Love the concept, but the top font isn't my fav. Feel like you need to play with the letter kerning if you're sticking with that font. Also, adjusting the footy to make it have the four stitches/goalposts seems like a no-brainer :)

Love the concept, but the top font isn't my fav. Feel like you need to play with the letter kerning if you're sticking with that font. Also, adjusting the footy to make it have the four stitches/goalposts seems like a no-brainer :)
Yeah I see what you're saying about the kerning. I was playing around with it a lot but with how small the word is it's just hard to get it to look good. I'll continue looking into it though, I want it to be the best logo it can be.

Why not removing the top of the shield completely? “Lublin” could be bigger to fill better the space as well.

Overall, it indeed has improved.
You could even forgo the shield completely and instead have Leroy (that's what i'm naming him) have his body run down behind the text as a silhouette, add a stroke to the text and make it look like he is holding it etc

Happy Friday everyone! I'll probably be offline from now until Monday, but as we agreed in the beginning, entries will close this Sunday - 17/10. The players will have until the end of next Wednesday to vote, so by the time we have a result it'll be Thursday in Australia.

After that, I'll have the Lublin team get in touch with the winner to organize the money transfer.

All the best!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back