Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

:eyes:

The og article for those who are interested. Sydney fc do currently have a fee/contra deal in place

I'm genuinely shocked that an Australian icon bought and paid for by the taxpayer is allowed to behave in such a predatory manner. The Swans have been using the outline of the sails on their guernsey for more than half the time the building has existed.

Sporting clubs aren't for-profit businesses. This is disgusting. The NSW government should pay whatever the licence fee is on behalf of the clubs and reduce their funding by that amount.

It's reminiscent of the Indigenous flag licencing issue, but at least in that case it's the designer himself enforcing the copyright.

Yeah hopefully that doesn't happen, especially if Sydney's logo heads in the direction of Adelaide's.

The current swans logo is perfect, great use of club colours, plus a nice shout out to the club's South Melb roots with the "V".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Swans are changing their logo, it has been flagged for a while but not sure if related to the Opera House issue.

sydney_swans_mascot-1.gif

Yep, that's a surprise to see. Thought cancel culture would have taken "Ciggy" out tbh.

I found this part funny.

"Where do you live? I was born in South Melbourne but moved with my family to Sydney in 1982."

Technically speaking, Ciggy left most of his/her "family" (the supporters) behind upon moving to Sydney.

Possible Cricket Australia Rebrand to Australian Cricket
new CA logo.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back