Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hobsons Bay City Council (Williamstown and Altona)
Old:
1599437089507.png
New:
1599437059220.png

Attachments

• New hobsons bay logo.JPG
    New hobsons bay logo.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 38
Hate to be one of those guys, but the attempt at making the parrot form an A seems pointless.

Works much better like this...

View attachment 947460

Also... that type is terrible.

After reading some info about this project, it's actually growing on me.

There's a whole swathe of underlying visual architecture and brand messaging that supports the corporate logo, which gives the whole project greater depth.

I've heard the design studio has had to deal with some unsavoury social media commentary too, which is really sad.

isn’t it just a new font and colouring?

Yes, and it improves the overall look significantly.

Sometimes it's about doing small tweaks for optimal gains.

1599437089507.png
1599437089507.png

New:
1599437059220.png

Looks like they've turned it from a tidy retro shopping centre logo to your run of the mill tertiary/uni logo.

It's very meh for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have preferred to keep the original logo because its so iconic and just drop the Fox part (like on the image in that article) than that rather harsh looking black and white version
I’m of the understanding that they’re rocking both versions?

Australian Cricket isn't quite an interchangeable term with Cricket Australia. It refers to all of CA and the state/territory associations. At a guess, this template might be intended for things like the Australian Cricket Hall of Fame, Australian Cricket Pathway, Australian Cricket Family etc. Feel like I've seen it already used in documents, can't remember exactly where though.
Following up on this, here's a screenshot from a video published today (addressing "the new female participation strategy", to give some context):

vlcsnap-2020-09-08-13h03m59s635.png

So, with the CA logo included alongside the state associations, further illustration of what is meant by "Australian Cricket".

Following up on this, here's a screenshot from a video published today (addressing "the new female participation strategy", to give some context):

View attachment 956001

So, with the CA logo included alongside the state associations, further illustration of what is meant by "Australian Cricket".
it probably means 'The Industry'

it probably means 'The Industry'
Well no, it means something much more specific, which I've already explained.

But if my words aren't good enough, let's just go with quotes from an official policy: "a reference to “Australian Cricket” means a reference to Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricket Entities (listed below under “Australian Cricket Entities”) collectively"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back