Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want to make a whole new thread for this but I had a crack at working on the Port Adelaide logo. The different line weights for the monogram, prison bars, inner outline and outer outline were annoying me so I made all the same bar the outer outline which is now thinner. Also lifted the bars so that there wasn't as much dead space and the rectangle shape is more reminiscent of the number panel than the square.
1602557379448.png

I don't want to make a whole new thread for this but I had a crack at working on the Port Adelaide logo. The different line weights for the monogram, prison bars, inner outline and outer outline were annoying me so I made all the same bar the outer outline which is now thinner. Also lifted the bars so that there wasn't as much dead space and the rectangle shape is more reminiscent of the number panel than the square.
View attachment 984217
Wow! Didn’t realise how much dead space was in the offical logo, now I hate it.

This one comes to us from Federation Square.

View attachment 986376

View attachment 986377

Off-topic, but story time after this huge nostalgia hit.

One of my favourite memories of my time in Melbourne was back in 2012, after breaking up with my then-girlfriend, having to find s**t to do with the three days I had left before I flew back to Perth. ACMI had a cool retro video game exhibition, which was effectively a free video game arcade and I spent the day there. Got the high-score on Missile Command, which was dope. Just every classic game you could imagine, from the OG arcade machine days through to N64, Xbox, PlayStation etc.

That was a good day, all things considered.

Off-topic, but story time after this huge nostalgia hit.

One of my favourite memories of my time in Melbourne was back in 2012, after breaking up with my then-girlfriend, having to find sh*t to do with the three days I had left before I flew back to Perth. ACMI had a cool retro video game exhibition, which was effectively a free video game arcade and I spent the day there. Got the high-score on Missile Command, which was dope. Just every classic game you could imagine, from the OG arcade machine days through to N64, Xbox, PlayStation etc.

That was a good day, all things considered.
I went to that exact ACMI exhibition as an 11-year old lol probably crossed paths

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez they've wasted some money on rebrands. Four logos in three-and-a-half years.
The previous one was to compete with the casualness of Netflix too
Interesting they have gone back to a more 'traditional' font.

Amusingly 13Cabs also rebranded to be more casual like Uber a while back

Attachments

• 4F7A2088-03C4-4B95-8A1F-E17C85CDFB27.png
    4F7A2088-03C4-4B95-8A1F-E17C85CDFB27.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 45
Jeez they've wasted some money on rebrands. Four logos in three-and-a-half years.

Good to see our taxpayer funded bailout money is going to good use. 🙃

Of course Dettol's the sponsor for this year

What kind of swing would dettol give to a cricket ball if you’ve just sanitised your hands and wipe them off on one side of the ball? Asking for a mate

New Cricket series' logos this season with the new sponsors
View attachment 997009

Ahh Vodafone, good to have you back

Hat-trick hero Peter Siddle wanted revenge against England | The Independent

Although if I'm not mistaken I do believe Alinta will still be on the playing kits

Ahh Vodafone, good to have you back

Hat-trick hero Peter Siddle wanted revenge against England | The Independent

Although if I'm not mistaken I do believe Alinta will still be on the playing kits
I belive that is the case. Vodafone i believe is taking place of domain and dettol is taking over Gillette.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back