Essendon

Gibbsy

Oct 12, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester City, Victory, Cavs
I don't even know where to begin.

Why the abbreviation? It's like an old person just learnt how to text and tries to abbreviate everything because they think that's what the young kids do.
This sounds like something an 'old person' would say, lol.

Do you know anyone who calls it "Federation Square"? It's "Fed Square" to all and sundry. I can only assume they've abbreviated "Square" to "Sq." so the text doesn't feel too unbalanced (there's already enough white space as it is).

I definitely think it's an improvement over the previous logo, which looks pretty mid-2000s and dated.

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
This sounds like something an 'old person' would say, lol.

Do you know anyone who calls it "Federation Square"? It's "Fed Square" to all and sundry. I can only assume they've abbreviated "Square" to "Sq." so the text doesn't feel too unbalanced (there's already enough white space as it is).

I definitely think it's an improvement over the previous logo, which looks pretty mid-2000s and dated.
It's a Government entity, the whole Fed Sq. is trying too hard to be 'hip'.

The old one was a bit dated, but I don't think the new one is an improvement.

aCunningPlan

Premiership Player
Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
It's a Government entity, the whole Fed Sq. is trying too hard to be 'hip'.

The old one was a bit dated, but I don't think the new one is an improvement.
I don't understand how that is hip, but okay.

I'm intrigued though, my local university went from being advertised as FedUni to Federation University to broaden its international recognition as a legit university.

All depends on what audience you are trying to reach I guess, Fed Sq. is what the locals call it so makes sense to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad