Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Detroit-Lions-Logo-Compare-590x299.png

http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/02/01/black-off-detroit-lions-introduce-new-logo-remove-black/

Yeah both leagues were backed by Rupert Murdoch, but that was it.
Except for the World Club Challenge, having the SLA, RFL and NZRL in cahoots with a bunch of other national sides apart from Australia... The Super League (UK) predates the Aussie one, also proposed a bunch of mergers (which were shot down) and had a Paris-St.Germain side in to make it "European".

Rugby Football League old logo

800px-Rugby_Football_League_2005_logo.svg.png

New logo

800px-RFL_logo_2017.jpg

England RL team old logo

EnglandRugbyLeagueLions.png

New logo

new-england-badge.jpg

Super league old logo

Super_League_logo.png

New logo

rfl_betfred_superleague_logo_4col.jpg
The logos are cringeworthy-ly Adobe Illustrator and Typekit. Dat stroke on the wordmark.

Was slightly surprised recently to read just how far down in the ratings Nova had fallen (in Melbourne at least). Then I thought about it for a sec, and realised everything that made them stand out from the rest was completely gone, and it all made sense. I used to listen to them in the mid-2000s when I was between the ages of around 16-19 - the whole "2 ads" thing was a great initiative - but they slowly morhped into Fox-lite so I moved on (plus my musical tastes completely changed).

You know things are bad when you're getting beaten by Smooth FM. I don't think this rebrand is going to do much unfortunately.

Huh. Remember when Nova actually did "sound different"? No more than two ads in a row, a decent smattering of 'alternative' music? They're no better than KIIS or Fox now. I cringe having to listen to that sort of shite.
What happened to 'one oh one point nine, double tee eff em'. I miss hearing that being said on the radio

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back