Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Does this mean MKR won’t be on Seven after the cricket?

It's interesting. The promo showed MKR, Better Homes and Gardens and a few other minor shows. I don't think Seven would move MKR or BHG off its main channel, if anything it would be some repeats from years ago

cosimo

Debutant
Jun 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham, Phoenix Suns

Great article. I’ve only come across the standard media release ones filled with the same BS rhetoric and lame rationale.

Also good to see some of the brand guidelines and applications. And the fact that some of it was done through the in-house studio speaks volumes, was probably a painful experince for all involved, every decent idea shot down or diluted to the average identity we see now (despite being TVs self proclaimed ‘wild child’).

Found the comments quite entertaining too.

blktreacle

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
UK
AFL Club
St Kilda
understand why the uniformity of what you've proposed looks good, but i see why they've gone the direction they did. having all their channels under the "channel 10" brand will do a lot for their marketing. having "one", "ten" and "eleven" all run by the same network did seem a bit odd.
Im pretty sure when one first started it was branded as "One HD Sports" as in your 1 place to go for sport. They had all the motor racing, netball, basketball, nfl and where trying to get the footy back and failed. Then they lost the nfl and did a minor rebrand to "One" and about the same time 11 started. Both channels were pretty similar and essentially just showed repeats of ten.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Im pretty sure when one first started it was branded as "One HD Sports" as in your 1 place to go for sport. They had all the motor racing, netball, basketball, nfl and where trying to get the footy back and failed. Then they lost the nfl and did a minor rebrand to "One" and about the same time 11 started. Both channels were pretty similar and essentially just showed repeats of ten.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
when they first launched one was so great! I remberre all they had a show called sports science or something which was really cool. haven't watched it in years now though.

upload_2018-11-14_11-5-53.png

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/11/13/mls-fc-cincinnati-unveils-logo-representing-everything/

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
And its accompanying justification drivel..
View attachment 584343
"Highlights its German heritage", but uses Dutch colours. The FC's 'modern type' is definitely bullshit, but why not use that for the CINCINNATI text as well?

Like they consciously thought of adding 'winning spirit' in this logo in the design process.

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
"Highlights its German heritage", but uses Dutch colours. The FC's 'modern type' is definitely bullshit, but why not use that for the CINCINNATI text as well?

Like they consciously thought of adding 'winning spirit' in this logo in the design process.
Not to mention the 'Queen city' crown on a male lion and the mane representing the 7 hills of Cincy somehow.. I count 8 hills

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
As a result of spinning out from Wesfarmers, Coles Group has returned.

Their logo prior to Wesfarmers' purchase of Coles Group (prev. Coles-Myer;)

Coles_Group_Limited_Logo.PNG

Quite a decent and eye-catching corporate logo.

As opposed to their latest input.

Coles_Group_2018_logo.png

BONUS: Coles-Myer.

200px-Colesmyerlogo.svg.png

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
While I'm here, Coles' logo before the current word mark.

latest

Before the tick was emphasised and they used a globe/sun.

Coles-logo-old.png

The Coles that I remember.

latest

This is a mini logo history lesson for the younger audience.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A Coles logo that was proposed before Coles Group was bought by Wesfarmers.

images

This seriously looks dope.

It maintains the familiarity of the sun.
The save everyday Intel-esque circle becomes the focal point like it did in the original Coles Group logo.
The lower case print stays as is.

Back