Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is an exerpt from an article regarding the logo:

"[The] NBA’s logo classification system is in its own world, but I’ll try to explain it. Every NBA team has the option of setting two primary logos — one intended for use domestically (“primary icon”) and one for use internationally (“global logo”). The global logo must include the full name of the team."

So essentially a global icon is just a logo with the full team name, likely for global recognition. By definition, these are 'global icons': 1560056841808.png

View attachment 692172

This logo featured on Collingwood's official Instagram account. Just something slightly off-brand or a hint of a future logo change?
Saw that too but we only just got a new logo last year so I wouldn't bet on that. With that said though I have seen a lot more usage of magpie imagery at games, specifically of the swooping variety...

cf6f8573f666077df565b0305568c190.jpg

Beautiful in its simplicity.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best bit about it is that it was all drawn by hand. No software to perfectly step and repeat those lines.

View attachment 699750
yep!

There's a brilliant podcast of the construction of that logo

View attachment 703790View attachment 703791

Very minor tweak to the Dees monogram it would seem.

The top logo is the standard version, used on light bases, while the bottom is the reverse version, used on dark bases

It's similar to how the Cats have a standard version ('CATS' written in blue) and a reverse ('CATS' written in white, outline around shield)

The ends of the "M" are different from one logo to the other.

The second one feels more hand crafted verses the top version which is very mechanical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back