Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh damn, only just noticed it. Might need to start paying more attention to these things 😂
I remember before I joined this forum, and before I knew about footyjumpers.com; I always used to look up at that panel on the site to check for new logos.

View attachment 765133
Jenny Williams certainly has an opinion on the Prison Bars!

Well its not actually meant to be prison bars, from what ive heard it was a wharf. I dont mind the kits, especially because both the pb and hoops are only for one game each. But you would have to say that they should count those from the afl years. Logo wise i think they should have used more teal, as a proper combination between sanfl and afl eras.

Also interesting that the logo has been put on the building, even though it is only meant to be for the 2020 year (and has been said by the bosses)

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Well its not actually meant to be prison bars, from what ive heard it was a wharf. I dont mind the kits, especially because both the pb and hoops are only for one game each. But you would have to say that they should count those from the afl years. Logo wise i think they should have used more teal, as a proper combination between sanfl and afl eras.

Also interesting that the logo has been put on the building, even though it is only meant to be for the 2020 year (and has been said by the bosses)

Oh I get that it was never meant to represent that. But it's been known as that since I was a kid so it's not like it's been manufactured in the recent years.

With the logo on the building...why wouldn't they?! It's up there for a year and then can go in some club history display. Plus Maccas changed some of their McDonalds signs to Maccas for a shorter period, or KFC to green and gold on some stores, or ihop to ihob.....

Oh I get that it was never meant to represent that. But it's been known as that since I was a kid so it's not like it's been manufactured in the recent years.

With the logo on the building...why wouldn't they?! It's up there for a year and then can go in some club history display. Plus Maccas changed some of their McDonalds signs to Maccas for a shorter period, or KFC to green and gold on some stores, or ihop to ihob.....

You have a good point. It’s an interesting thing to be known as the prison bars, even tough it was never meant to be pbs. Ive always known it has pbs, but it is an interesting historic thing.

I thought this logo was their new one going forward?

When they said a new logo for 2020, I took that as 2020 and beyond.

Only the 150 years text was for next year?

“This historic logo for our 150th anniversary has been two years in the making,” Mr Koch said.

“We undertook an exhaustive, consultative approach engaging several agencies, focus groups, former players and administrators and current players in reaching this outcome.

"The intent for this logo is for 2020 only."

(source: https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/n...th-anniversary-season-with-commemorative-logo)

I don't know about you, but I don't think they're planning to have this for one year only. I think they're testing the waters like Collingwood did before saying "you know what, everyone loves the new logo so we're going to keep it!"

Fair enough. Seems strange that they’ll only use this for one season then...any word on that?
Trial before permanent implementation. Like the Collingwood logo a few years back they’re just gathering public opinion first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. Seems strange that they’ll only use this for one season then...any word on that?
Coz no other organisation or even AFL club has ever had an anniversary logo that overrode the reguar logo. Putting it on the headquarters is just doing proper service to changing the logo for a year. Shows they're going the while 9 yards.

We've had to put up with this for 5-6 years at least, so they ain't gunna replace the logo after only 1! :$
View attachment 766209

Strange name for the office, should really be called the Allan Scott centre or something. Sign does not look good, which may be partially why they put the new one up for this year (if we can believe Koch and co)

Coz no other organisation or even AFL club has ever had an anniversary logo that overrode the reguar logo. Putting it on the headquarters is just doing proper service to changing the logo for a year. Shows they're going the while 9 yards.
Coz most anniversary logos mention the anniversary. It doesn't really yell anniversary to me

Strange name for the office, should really be called the Allan Scott centre or something. Sign does not look good, which may be partially why they put the new one up for this year (if we can believe Koch and co)

The Allan Scott Center for Adults Who Can't Play Good and Who Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back