Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Interesting decision to have the bird looking leftwards [to our eye] with the modern trend in sports logos to have the emblem looking 'forward'
. The Newcastle Knights, for example, a couple of years ago flipped their historic logo to much controversy for this reason.​
I'd say it has something to do with being from the "east" - (as far east as you can get, right?) so it's staring down all the teams west of Sydney. Much like West Coast and Adelaide facing east.

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I'd say it has something to do with being from the "east" - (as far east as you can get, right?) so it's staring down all the teams west of Sydney. Much like West Coast and Adelaide facing east.
Tasmania when they enter the league...

1604791997085.png

dylben01

Debutant
Jan 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
It's been shown everywhere but Sydney's old and new logos together for posterity.

View attachment 1006222

View attachment 1006223

I personally see it as a major upgrade. Don’t understand the whole bullshit with ‘cartoon’ logos. Not that they’re cartoon, just graphic depictions of angrier mascots, which you generally wouldn’t see in real life. The one thing I’d maybe point out is the knob which, yes it is a part of a swan, but maybe get rid of the white highlight inside of it. Apart from that, I reckon it’s a nice upgrade

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Supercars Championship will be known as the Repco Supercars Championship next year with Virgin Australia departing. Along with a new hashtag (#VASC to #RepcoSC), the championship logo has been slightly tweaked

1605607577995.png

For reference, here is the former logo

1605607563595.png

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Surely there won’t be many virgin sponsorships left with sports?
I think they've dropped most of the major/apparel partnerships, but still have official provider deals in place. I think they will continue at Carlton as major sponsor, but won't be at gws (going by the club site). Same thing is happening with Qantas and will be interesting if the international airlines will continue sponsoring clubs (atleast in the short term)

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Back