Premiership Player
May 7, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Too many
Scraped these from the NRL website for anyone interested
Also noticed the stylesheet has been updated with new colours - this probably gives you a good idea of why the logo was changed. Thicker black outlines and less detail makes the tiger's head pop. Also noticed that Craegus may have alluded to a hidden WS reference but I can sort of see a magpie's wings in the whiskers from the old "WESTS" logo of the mid-2000s. Strange to not see a "badge-light" version for dark backgrounds but I guess the Wests part of the logotype will always be displayed in black

Attachments

• wt rebrand-01.jpg
    wt rebrand-01.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 108
Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Also noticed the stylesheet has been updated with new colours - this probably gives you a good idea of why the logo was changed. Thicker black outlines and less detail makes the tiger's head pop. Also noticed that Craegus may have alluded to a hidden WS reference but I can sort of see a magpie's wings in the whiskers from the old "WESTS" logo of the mid-2000s. Strange to not see a "badge-light" version for dark backgrounds but I guess the Wests part of the logotype will always be displayed in black

My reference to the WS was just a joke. There is no reference in the logo. The Magpie on the sleeves covers it.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Interesting. I wonder who will win the bid, the Firehawks (which is formerly the Easts Tigers, then Brisbane Tigers) or the Brisbane Jets? The colours are nifty for both teams (see below former Bombers logo). Unsure what the new Jets logo will look like just yet
View attachment 1257856
My tips on the Redcliffe Dolphins

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Interesting. I wonder who will win the bid, the Firehawks (which is formerly the Easts Tigers, then Brisbane Tigers) or the Brisbane Jets? The colours are nifty for both teams (see below former Bombers logo). Unsure what the new Jets logo will look like just yet
View attachment 1257856

Jets would be Blue and Green

1633923104697.png

But the Dolphins are basically locked in. Have massive money already in the bank and a lot of power within the game.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Jets would be Blue and Green

View attachment 1257861

But the Dolphins are basically locked in. Have massive money already in the bank and a lot of power within the game.
Interesting, sad for the Bombers - i thought that was a really cool bid choice. Couldn't we just had three new clubs added ? :p

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Interesting, sad for the Bombers - i thought that was a really cool bid choice. Couldn't we just had three new clubs added ? :p

In Brisbane? Not a chance.

Next location is likely either NZ or Perth, with NZ (either Wellington or Christchurch) taking the lead on that front after Perth led for many years.

The NRL is basically doubling down on solid fan territories rather than expanding into risky ones (unlike the AFL).

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
In Brisbane? Not a chance.

Next location is likely either NZ or Perth, with NZ (either Wellington or Christchurch) taking the lead on that front after Perth led for many years.

The NRL is basically doubling down on solid fan territories rather than expanding into risky ones (unlike the AFL).
Should be new locations. That is how the game can grow

View attachment 1261278
New Swan Districts logo, personally not a fan.
Personally, I like it a lot. Keeping the iconic Swan [albeit ditching the footy which wasn't an important part of the logo] and integrating the stripes in while not conforming to the shield shape of most WAFL clubs.

Back