News Logo Dispute Settled

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest, I'm happy to let them run off and do what they want.

But its easier for me because I don't have any Brissy sinews.

+1.

On a lighter note Mobbs.....I have found myself in Tassie again and had dinner tonight in a Hobart Pizza restaurant. They had an early 90s Fitzroy jumper on the wall with all the usual signatures, Roos, Molloy, Johnson, Hawking etc BUT in one corner there was........."Paul Mullarvey 41".

Made my day!!:thumbsu:

You get the original lion on the website for 14 years or so. And on club merchandise for 7 years or some such crap.

Ah well the good guys don't win.

Seems like Bris Lions under Bowers have now bullied their way into successfully bringing about a further weakening of Fitzroy's remaining visible identity in the AFL, and thus been able to weasel further out of their obligations as specified in the 1996 agreement.

I'm even more in favour of a de-merger now than I was before.

Let's cut them loose and d merge they only use the fitzroy brand when it suits them ie the premiership years just remember bear fans as I like to call Brisbane it doesn'thave fitzroys name on the cup and the afl counts the bears head to head as the records against clubs etc miss you roys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ohh well what did we expect? The Bears are doing their best to bully the last remaining parts of Fitzroy out of the AFL. Is it Karma that they are doing so bad at the moment?

I'm even more in favour of a de-merger now than I was before.

I'm not sure what a "de-merger" would mean.

There are only two clauses of the merger agreement still in effect including the logo clause and that now essentially ends in 2024. The six Lions games in Melbourne (read Victoria) will then remain the only clause. The breaching of that by the AFL is only a matter of time as expansion teams such as the Gold Coast and GWS are admitted to the competition.

I think we can effectively forget about reclaiming the Lion logo and other associated Fitzroy branding/intellectual property for Fitzroy at least for a while. The AFL own all logos etc. and no one else can claim them for a period of three years after the logos fall out of use.

A "de-merger" would have little effect. Brisbane would certainly NOT revert to their Bears identity and as Fitzroy will never re-enter the AFL in its own right, there seems to be little point in pursuing a "de-merger".

went to the hawks game today enjoyed seeing the bears lose today. In the football record Brisbane circa 1987 records counted today and even the abc said haks greatest winning margin was 99 pts in 1993 how does that work when the club was apparently formed in 1997.

I don't think its karma. I think its player backlash :D

Too true mate... as those of us in the know are aware, Travis is the driving force behind the backlash, and his loyalties have compelled him towards such sabotage ever since he was traded there, of course :p

Yeah, being monumentally rat****ed by the AFL and then having the legal agreement designed to safeguard the remaining elements of the Fitzroy presence at top level being steadily torn up would have that kind of effect on us, wouldn't it!

I know it's probably not ever going to happen, but if Brisbane went down the plughole in the future and then we somehow achieved reinstatement to the top flight, that would make me gloriously and eternally happy...

Not me, Wona ...

I like the death!
I like the misery!
I like this world!

cyborg.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back