Logo/Guernsey Rebranding

1990crow

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
If GC adopted this (and I think they should) I would buy one and go to GC games. I may be a crows supporter at heart but I live an hour south of GC and would feel like the club would have a guernsey worth playing for - players would feel more of an identity when pulling it one and so would supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

exile

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Moderator #602
If GC adopted this (and I think they should) I would buy one and go to GC games. I may be a crows supporter at heart but I live an hour south of GC and would feel like the club would have a guernsey worth playing for - players would feel more of an identity when pulling it one and so would supporters.
thanks, i definitely think a minor rebranding would go a long way in getting the more traditional supporters invested in the club.
personally, i haven't bought a guernsey in a few years (have a few from the earlier years), but mainly haven't bought any new ones as i felt the design is just a bit too stale (that plus the players whose number i got on the back kept leaving haha). if the guernsey was a half decent design, i'd be more inclined to buy more of them.

SUNS

#Firethecannons
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning
Moderator #603
It’s only a matter of time. Freo and Power tried to go with jumpers that were at at the time modern. Only to revert to much more traditional designs down the track

1990crow

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Those designs weren't boring as bat shit though ;)
Yeah at least Freo and Port tried any design.
Fremantles anchor was good in theory, just too many colours not suited to go with each other. The purple anchor would probably still work on its own but chevrons was settled on.
Ports initial teal black and white lightning rods is still a strong guernsey and easily identifiable. But their current setup is better and more traditional suited to what Port stand for.

GC simply play with a red guernsey and their logo on the front, side panels arent a good enough design for an afl club.
I think a sash is the best possible design for red and yellow.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham, Phoenix Suns
Hi guys, I've been messing about with some logo ideas, thought I' post an initial rough concept. I've been a Phoenix Suns fan since the early 90's and always loved how they've handled their branding and always felt the GC one needed to be re-done! Let me know what ya think...

Attachments

dropbear101

Senior List
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
can you guys please adopt the motto unbowed, unbent, unbroken off game of thrones
that would be epic thank you
much better than something like side by side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

17er

Cancelled
AFL Club
Gold Coast
can you guys please adopt the motto unbowed, unbent, unbroken off game of thrones
that would be epic thank you
much better than something like side by side
Only if you guys adopt the motto "What is dead may never die".

Anyway, I prefer "Fire and Blood".

dropbear101

Senior List
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
Only if you guys adopt the motto "What is dead may never die".

Anyway, I prefer "Fire and Blood".
My initial thought was,
Sun is coming but that just sounds wrong.
So I switched to house martell.
What is dead may never die is fanatastic though.

17er

Cancelled
AFL Club
Gold Coast
My initial thought was,
Sun is coming but that just sounds wrong.
So I switched to house martell.
What is dead may never die is fanatastic though.
Which Marvel superhero would you want your club to have on their jersey.
You know the NRL ran the promo last year and now Etihad Stadium is called Marvel, right?
I reckon the Suns have to go with Ironman.
I'd prefer Thor but Port fans would piss and moan about it for 100 years and to be honest I'd rather see them in a reasonable jersey for the first time ever.
You guys have 3 games at Marvel - I have no clue if the AFL will copy the concept, but if the franchise can afford to pay a shit tonne of cash for naming rights you'd imagine they are going to want to capitalise on merch.
Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 12.42.53 am.png

dropbear101

Senior List
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
Which Marvel superhero would you want your club to have on their jersey.
You know the NRL ran the promo last year and now Etihad Stadium is called Marvel, right?
I reckon the Suns have to go with Ironman.
I'd prefer Thor but Port fans would piss and moan about it for 100 years and to be honest I'd rather see them in a reasonable jersey for the first time ever.
You guys have 3 games at Marvel - I have no clue if the AFL will copy the concept, but if the franchise can afford to pay a shit tonne of cash for naming rights you'd imagine they are going to want to capitalise on merch.
View attachment 581880
Captain marvel is a growth product so id go her,
plus shes got the glow on.
Another idea is that the suns are the ones who caused trumps tan I guarantee that not one will want to play you out of pure terror of the same happening to them.

My dream is that a team hires russell coight to do the promotional videos.

exile

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Moderator #621
ripped off the cavs new city jerseys for a suns theme. wouldn't mind something like this where instead of the current shapes it represents the GC a bit more. tried a wave type thing but looked pretty tacky. something fluid and clean like below would look half decent i reckon.

GCSUNS_05_HOME-(5).png
GCSUNS_05_AWAY-(2).png

(for reference)

exile

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Moderator #622
red and gold gradient in theme of current clash style.
GCSUNS_05_HOME (4).png

red and gold in theme of current clash style.
GCSUNS_05_HOME (2).png

red and black in theme of current clash style. noticed we've used black in our training gear for the last couple years, i'm sort of expecting black to make it's way onto our playing guernseys in some form in the next few years. doubt it'll ever go as far as this one (looks very essendon haha) but sorta looks cool.
GCSUNS_05_HOME (3).png

Top Bottom