Logo/Guernsey Rebranding

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gcsunsfc

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Ainsworth has the little GPS pocket on the back of his. Do training tops have this usually?

Also looks like he's been doing some suction cup therapy stuff. Always wanted to see what that felt like.

Mozzie_Squad

Team Captain
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal, Boston Celtics, Red Sox
This may've been done to death already but just did a quick mock-up based on the Southport design using lifeguard colours (I know it should be gold, not yellow, buy as I said - very quick mock-up)

Could even add a small GCS monogram in the middle of the 'V' if you wanted to.

The clash can pretty much stay the same as it is now - just without the logo..

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 3.12.26 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 3.12.49 pm.png

1_K5Fr9EYsrsLK2GX0OHxozg.jpeg

beach-lifeguards.jpg

Andonis1997

Who the hell is Ando?
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Panionios, Sturt
Hardly. Our jumper is good and compared to Carlton’s quality and others it’s pretty good

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don't ever mention Carlton and Gold Coast in the same sentence again. How can you be inspired to give your all when putting on that boring half-assed design? There's no way you can have any pride in the jumper with a logo and sidepanels, aaand a red and yellow colour scheme.

Iva Bigun

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Don't ever mention Carlton and Gold Coast in the same sentence again. How can you be inspired to give your all when putting on that boring half-assed design? There's no way you can have any pride in the jumper with a logo and sidepanels, aaand a red and yellow colour scheme.
That’s a bit harsh, I don’t think your jumpers that bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr Bods

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You have a hide coming on our board speaking like that.

Andonis1997

Who the hell is Ando?
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Panionios, Sturt
That’s a bit harsh, I don’t think your jumpers that bad
I'll pay that at the moment, Nike's butchering ours. But the design and the amount of history behind it is something that your current design would never evoke.
You have a hide coming on our board speaking like that.
I'm a passionate guernsey guy. Besides, this is the logo/guernsey rebranding thread so obviously someone has a problem with it. It's not good. How do GC supporters feel when they wear a guernsey?

Mr Bods

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'll pay that at the moment, Nike's butchering ours. But the design and the amount of history behind it is something that your current design would never evoke.

I'm a passionate guernsey guy. Besides, this is the logo/guernsey rebranding thread so obviously someone has a problem with it. It's not good. How do GC supporters feel when they wear a guernsey?
That’s actually a really good reply. I’ll answer your question-I don’t wear the Jersey ever but I do have a Suns Jacket and Polo and yes I feel really wierd getting about in Bright Red.

1990crow

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
That’s actually a really good reply. I’ll answer your question-I don’t wear the Jersey ever but I do have a Suns Jacket and Polo and yes I feel really wierd getting about in Bright Red.
This is all we are saying. It’s not an attack on the club, it’s just needs to be changed. The evolution from U18 TAC to VFL to AFL just didn’t work in terms of guernsey design evolution.

TheSunGod

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Team Buakaw Golovkin
I like the red and yellow. The colours are synonymous with the Gold Coast and remind me of our strong SLS history.
Would prefer a different logo or maybe no logo though in a more traditional design. Does anyone know if it is something the club are looking at changing it?

Big Red Machine

Let's get tropical!
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Ravens, O's, Terps, Mavs & Ducks
Moderator #668
Coming from a club called the Blues that tried to put out a grey and orange strip this year, I wouldn't be swinging demands around.

We've got pride in our jumper, It's not the greatest strip in the world but dammit, It ours.

This is all we are saying. It’s not an attack on the club, it’s just needs to be changed. The evolution from U18 TAC to VFL to AFL just didn’t work in terms of guernsey design evolution.
Which is exactly is the point of the thread, friend. To discuss the next logical evolution of the strip, Weather or not the club does anything close to the ideas thrown up in here is another story in itself.

Happy Idiot

Team Captain
AFL Club
Gold Coast
...But the design and the amount of history behind it is something that your current design would never evoke.
I think that's a touch rich. You've got history, true, but Carlton's truly amazing design amounts to grabbing some navy blue fabric and stitching a logo on to it.

If we're participating in a league where that qualifies as design — not to mention the team with brown and yellow stripes — then the Suns colour scheme will do just fine when we put some history behind it.

Jen2310

All Australian
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah keep the colours. Maybe get rid of the blue altogether but get a better design.
Design should be better. I actually don't mind the blue. Kinda blends in with the bright colours. Maybe remove the logo? I mean not all clubs have the logo on the guernsey. Could do stripes?

Andonis1997

Who the hell is Ando?
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Panionios, Sturt
Thank you :)
Either colour I think can work on their own, but the fact that the yellow and red are both bright and usually together don't really work. And then there's the blue which doesn't work with the red (unless used sparingly) but looks great with white and the yellow you use.
Coming from a club called the Blues that tried to put out a grey and orange strip this year, I wouldn't be swinging demands around.

We've got pride in our jumper, It's not the greatest strip in the world but dammit, It ours.
I'm not sticking up for Nike's ideas, they're terrible. But clash guernseys aren't traditional, to be fair. We can do whatever we want with it (however ugly it is, unfortunately..)
We haven't changed our home guernsey, because if we did, we'd lose 20,000 members like *that*. Any guernsey we put out with a CFC on the front will always be recognisable as Carlton. No matter what colour.

And it definitely is yours alright.. You can keep it.
I think that's a touch rich. You've got history, true, but Carlton's truly amazing design amounts to grabbing some navy blue fabric and stitching a logo on to it.
But it was a striking look on navy fabric. One of the first to do it, and still looks great (when not butchered by a manufacturer who doesn't care).
If we're participating in a league where that qualifies as design — not to mention the team with brown and yellow stripes — then the Suns colour scheme will do just fine when we put some history behind it.
I honestly prefer the Hawks' colours over the yellow and red shades you guys use. If the Hawks used your yellow, forget it. But they've used a mustard-kind of colour that complements the brown so well.
Don't get me wrong, the Suns guernsey has a design... But the Wave guernseys you used to have had more personality than just sidepanels. What cheapens the design as well is the fact that the sidepanels aren't stitched. They're printed. Reebok used to have stitched panels as part of their template, then when 2XU and BLK came along they just printed them to cut costs.

Top Bottom