Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We are called the suns. We should be yellow or gold as main colour IMO. The eagles and tigers look great when wearing their clash jumpers and we would too if it was our main jumper.
We can keep our red and blue as our other colours. Darken the red but not to maroon. And darken the blue perhaps (altho i like sky blue and think our clash should be mostly sky blue)

To the design. Well. I like traditional designs also. But not hoops. Not chevrons and not a sash or stripes.

I think a twin vertical stripe design - off centre.
So all yellow base.
And the twin stripes of sky blue and dark red.

Clash would be sky blue with twin stripes of yellow and dark red.
I agree that a gold guernsey would be unique, but in my opinion you really have to give up your current blue hue, or give up red in order to use the blue. Darkening the colours might help, but you're teetering ever so close to Fitzroy territory if you continue with blue red and yellow.

Blue and red look great together, but your blue just doesn't work with your kits.

bc412a3a5b4c813d5adb83cae1209bed.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was wondering what GC fans on this board thought of about the idea of changing the club's logo and guernsey.
The Suns branding has never been popular on the graphic design board but I'm interested to hear the opinions of people who actually support the team.

Ideas have been thrown around this thread lately which lead me to work on this new logo concept.
View attachment 266323
With this logo I'm trying to create a strong, memorable symbol that could be synonymous with the club's image. Similar to what Carlton have with their monogram.
The logo is in the shape of a sun that combines to create a G on the outside, while the C sits inside the centre. The left version features waves of red and yellow in the style of a life guard flag to represent the club's seaside identity. The right version is simplified to match the colour scheme of the home guernsey.

Along with this concept I've created a few redesigns for the club guernseys.
View attachment 266322
The top left and right designs are the same as the old jumpers, just with the new logo.
The top centre design is my own design which is a modern take on the yoke/sash, with sun rays shining from the club logo on the chest.
The bottom 2 show how the blue version of the logo could be adapted as a guernsey design. These might be better suited as clash/alternative guernseys.

Let me know what you think.

A little while back, I was thinking to myself if I was appointed CEO of the Suns, what would be some of the things that I would want to review and possibly change.

Top of the list was the jumper and playing livery, right behind that was the club song.

The predominantly red strip just doesn't work IMO, always thought a jumper with a blue base would be far more acceptable. Good to see some alternatives offered in this thread.

There is a supporter base just waiting to be tapped into up there, with some new funky clothing on offer, I reckon it will help break down some barriers.

I'll be playing golf on the coast next week, wonder how many Suns jumpers I'll see around the place ??

Hey guys, I was mucking around with the whole Suns rebrand idea and came up with this. My main area of discontent is that it does not really scream 'AFL', but on reflection not that many logos actually do.
View attachment 315653

If you jumper design is strong enough, you don't need to have the actual name of the club on it .

Maybe put some red rays of sunshine around the yellow sun instead ??

gave a new monogram logo a go. will try incorporate a few different styles of it with different shadows/effects so that the monogram is a bit more guernsey friendly.

View attachment 573725
Wow.
Very impressive presentation.
I don’t particularly like the GCS pattern - seems very convoluted but like the idea.
I’d also have football club alone on the lower lettering with subs at the top.

Wow.
I don’t particularly like the GCS pattern - seems very convoluted but like the idea.

yeah i was having a look at the monogram style of logo. lots of different ways to do it, some ways are a bit confusing and messy! haha
good point with moving the "suns" part to the top, that does make more sense. i'll try that another day.

Still haven't seen anything better than LeeARMs original idea with the simplified logo (the slightly updated one he posted a year ago that is), although I reckon it'd be better with a gold base, and saving red for the clash. Gold uniform sounds fitting for the Gold Coast.

Wow.
moved the suns part to the top. one of the guys on the footy guernseys forum suggested to make the monogram more of a beveled look so i changed that as well.

GCSUNS_LOGO-(v2).png GCSUNS_LOGO-(SIMPLE-OUTLINE-&-TEXT)-(v2).png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back