Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Until the right side of the monogram comes out more and balances the logo, then it'll just look awkward on any application.
true, it does look a bit off. even though carlton's isn't fully centered it's balanced enough to make it look great. i was struggling to come up with a way to get all three letters to intertwine properly, getting it balanced was that one step further i couldn't really find. even tried "GCFC" at one point but that was a bit trickier.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
true, it does look a bit off. even though carlton's isn't fully centered it's balanced enough to make it look great. i was struggling to come up with a way to get all three letters to intertwine properly, getting it balanced was that one step further i couldn't really find. even tried "GCFC" at one point but that was a bit trickier.
Yep, Carlton's isn't balanced either but it's definitely not as noticable :)
It doesn't necessarily have to be a letter that fills the space. As cringy as it could be, even a little sun icon could work to fill up the space on that side?

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Theres alot of good designs in this thread.
Would anyone be willing to take a crack at designing a logo for the GCSUNSCAST?

Id like to pull it out from under my own 32bitshane brand and make it easier for fans to find a gold coast suns podcast.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
If GC adopted this (and I think they should) I would buy one and go to GC games. I may be a crows supporter at heart but I live an hour south of GC and would feel like the club would have a guernsey worth playing for - players would feel more of an identity when pulling it one and so would supporters.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
If GC adopted this (and I think they should) I would buy one and go to GC games. I may be a crows supporter at heart but I live an hour south of GC and would feel like the club would have a guernsey worth playing for - players would feel more of an identity when pulling it one and so would supporters.
thanks, i definitely think a minor rebranding would go a long way in getting the more traditional supporters invested in the club.
personally, i haven't bought a guernsey in a few years (have a few from the earlier years), but mainly haven't bought any new ones as i felt the design is just a bit too stale (that plus the players whose number i got on the back kept leaving haha). if the guernsey was a half decent design, i'd be more inclined to buy more of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Those designs weren't boring as bat s**t though ;)
Yeah at least Freo and Port tried any design.
Fremantles anchor was good in theory, just too many colours not suited to go with each other. The purple anchor would probably still work on its own but chevrons was settled on.
Ports initial teal black and white lightning rods is still a strong guernsey and easily identifiable. But their current setup is better and more traditional suited to what Port stand for.

GC simply play with a red guernsey and their logo on the front, side panels arent a good enough design for an afl club.
I think a sash is the best possible design for red and yellow.

cosimo

Debutant
Jun 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham, Phoenix Suns
Hi guys, I've been messing about with some logo ideas, thought I' post an initial rough concept. I've been a Phoenix Suns fan since the early 90's and always loved how they've handled their branding and always felt the GC one needed to be re-done! Let me know what ya think...

Attachments

• Suns-flat-front1.jpg
    Suns-flat-front1.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Suns-Logo-1.jpg
    Suns-Logo-1.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Suns-Logo-Angle.jpg
    Suns-Logo-Angle.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 139
Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
can you guys please adopt the motto unbowed, unbent, unbroken off game of thrones
that would be epic thank you
much better than something like side by side

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
can you guys please adopt the motto unbowed, unbent, unbroken off game of thrones
that would be epic thank you
much better than something like side by side
Only if you guys adopt the motto "What is dead may never die".

Anyway, I prefer "Fire and Blood".

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
Only if you guys adopt the motto "What is dead may never die".

Anyway, I prefer "Fire and Blood".
My initial thought was,
Sun is coming but that just sounds wrong.
So I switched to house martell.
What is dead may never die is fanatastic though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back