Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
My initial thought was,
Sun is coming but that just sounds wrong.
So I switched to house martell.
What is dead may never die is fanatastic though.
Which Marvel superhero would you want your club to have on their jersey.
You know the NRL ran the promo last year and now Etihad Stadium is called Marvel, right?
I reckon the Suns have to go with Ironman.
I'd prefer Thor but Port fans would piss and moan about it for 100 years and to be honest I'd rather see them in a reasonable jersey for the first time ever.
You guys have 3 games at Marvel - I have no clue if the AFL will copy the concept, but if the franchise can afford to pay a s**t tonne of cash for naming rights you'd imagine they are going to want to capitalise on merch.
Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 12.42.53 am.png

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
Which Marvel superhero would you want your club to have on their jersey.
You know the NRL ran the promo last year and now Etihad Stadium is called Marvel, right?
I reckon the Suns have to go with Ironman.
I'd prefer Thor but Port fans would piss and moan about it for 100 years and to be honest I'd rather see them in a reasonable jersey for the first time ever.
You guys have 3 games at Marvel - I have no clue if the AFL will copy the concept, but if the franchise can afford to pay a s**t tonne of cash for naming rights you'd imagine they are going to want to capitalise on merch.
View attachment 581880
Captain marvel is a growth product so id go her,
plus shes got the glow on.
Another idea is that the suns are the ones who caused trumps tan I guarantee that not one will want to play you out of pure terror of the same happening to them.

My dream is that a team hires russell coight to do the promotional videos.

The jouneyman

Team Captain
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
GC should go with a charcol grey side panel with yellow outline red shorts red socks,i rekon that would look good.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
ripped off the cavs new city jerseys for a suns theme. wouldn't mind something like this where instead of the current shapes it represents the GC a bit more. tried a wave type thing but looked pretty tacky. something fluid and clean like below would look half decent i reckon.

GCSUNS_05_HOME-(5).png
GCSUNS_05_AWAY-(2).png

(for reference)
Cavs-City-Edition-Uniform-18-19.jpg

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
red and gold gradient in theme of current clash style.
GCSUNS_05_HOME (4).png

red and gold in theme of current clash style.
GCSUNS_05_HOME (2).png

red and black in theme of current clash style. noticed we've used black in our training gear for the last couple years, i'm sort of expecting black to make it's way onto our playing guernseys in some form in the next few years. doubt it'll ever go as far as this one (looks very essendon haha) but sorta looks cool.
GCSUNS_05_HOME (3).png

Back