El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Welcome to Logo of the Week!

Each fortnight, you will be required to produce a new logo for an existing sports team. That team can be a club or representative side from any competition , anywhere in the world.

10 days will be allowed for entries, with 4 days for voting.

This competition is designed for us all to practice our graphic design skills. We want fresh and unique ideas and entries. Use this competition to try things you've never tried before. You'd be surprised how easy things can be to draw when you sit down and give it a go.

There will never be too much of a design brief beyond the club name, so let your imagination run wild!

Rules:

- No stolen artwork! This is THE central tenet of this competition! Everything in your logo must be 100% drawn yourself, either in your graphics program of choice or on paper, and scanned in. Or even a combination of both! Under no circumstances are you to use an existing logo from elsewhere as part of your design. As per the Williamstown comp, i'll allow existing workmarks into the competition provided they are part of an originally drawn design.

- Entries are limited to one side being no more than 300 pixels, with the other edge unrestrained. You may post a hi res version if you wish, but the final poll will be judged on 300 pixel entries. If you don't provide a 300 pixel entry, you wont be in the poll.

- There is no limit on how many entries you can make, provided they are unique. If you are going to have multiple entries, make them different from each other or they wont go in the poll.

- The winner of each fortnight will choose the team for the next competition.

---------------------------------------------

Week 23: Fremantle Dockers

Previous Winners:
Week 1: Port Adelaide - Workhorse
Week 2: Western Bulldogs - Workhorse
Week 3: Sydney Swans - Mowse
Week 4: Adelaide Crows - lemons123
Week 5: Melbourne Storm - T**ty MC
Week 6: Cricket Australia - T**ty MC
Week 7: Williamstown Seagulls - T**ty MC
Week 8: Coburg Tigers - Mowse
Week 9: Brisbane Roar - Mowse
Week 10: Jokerit Ice Hockey Club - lmach
Week 11: West Coast Eagles - Spider Eater
Week 12: Dumbarton FC - El_Scorcho
Week 13: Miami Dolphins - BenFromTagTeam
Week 14: Port Melbourne Borough - T**ty MC
Week 15: Box Hill Mustangs - Mowse & BloodyRipper
Week 16: A League Allstars & South Fremantle FC - Mowse (South Freo)
Week 17: Manchester United - Geeky Grub
Week 18: AFL Grand Final - Geeky Grub
Week 19: North Melbourne - CaNNaVo93
Week 20: South Melbourne 140 years - lmach
Week 21: Springfield Isotopes - El_Scorcho
Week 22: San Jose Sharks - lmach

Good luck!

sticker,375x360.u4.png

*not an entry

The idea I had would've used existing art, I've always wanted them to bring back the docker and incorporate the chevrons, without the anchor.

Wish I could draw! :D

Wish I could draw! :D

Practice makes perfect! Nobody here could draw at all the first time they had a crack, and an anchor/chevron based design doesn't require a lot of drawing.

Seriously I was absolutely terrible and it took me several rounds to make anything that wasn't total garbage.

The entire reason I started this competition was so people could practice their logo skills so that when we had a competition like the NAFL, we didn't just have a league full of recoloured logos from other leagues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to be able to not have the outline outside of the anchor and just have the anchor as negative space, but I couldn't get it to work nicely.

I've left it for a bit and i'll come back to it.

I could do it like this but I really wanted a one colour logo if I could get away with it, so the colours can be reversed easily.

vUczsqe.png

Very interesting.

I'll have a crack when I get back to my PC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back