Competition LogoOTW 31: Huddersfield Town A.F.C.

Remove this Banner Ad

qJYfHZY.png

6 entries so far, excellent start! There is still about a week to go on entries before voting, have a go!

Still 5 days or so left! Plenty to work with for Huddersfield so it's a great team to have a crack at. Get those entries in!

If I created two entries, both of which were significantly different, can one element in both be similar?
Eg, Im focusing on the Castle, and have two logos that focus around it, but are different in all other elements. Is this still allowed?
Yeah that's fine

Magpienato's castle is a good representation of the castle it's supposed to be, which is Castle Hill at Huddersfield, and looks like this

castle-hill-huddersfield-picture-id576267837

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely this disqualifies you then?
Well I hope not. I drew the castle myself as close as possible to the one on the logo yes but I'm of the thought that it can be the same elements (the floral stars and castle) just not the same logo. The only thing I really used the above logo for was to get the castle, the inverted 'V' was already apart of my design before that. However if El Scorcho deems this otherwise I'll respect his decision.

Well I hope not. I drew the castle myself as close as possible to the one on the logo yes but I'm of the thought that it can be the same elements (the floral stars and castle) just not the same logo. The only thing I really used the above logo for was to get the castle, the inverted 'V' was already apart of my design before that. However if El Scorcho deems this otherwise I'll respect his decision.
I wasn't too sure about the Yorkshire Roses given that they are a symbol of a particular location rather than something exclusive to the logo (I gave them my own spin though anyway just to be safe) so some clarification from El_Scorcho on this sort of stuff would be great. I don't see how the castle can be within the rules, not only is it not your own design but it is drawn straight from from the original logo, via someone's redesign.

I must admit, my first thought was that this logo defeats the purpose of the comp. Fantastic logo though. As far as the castle goes, since it is based off a real castle, I would have thought that this castle was fine. The terrier and roses probably need their own spin though.

Sorry I will need that castle redrawn then magpienato. It has to be all original work. It can be similar but it can't be a copy.

Poll will go up tomorrow. Plenty of time for last minute entries!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back