Discussion Logos that need to be updated

Remove this Banner Ad

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
With a couple of sports clubs updating their logo (namely newcastle), I thought it would be interesting to discuss which logos within the australian sporting landscape are in need of a refresh and what you would like to see done to the logo.

With a couple of sports clubs updating their logo (namely newcastle), I thought it would be interesting to discuss which logos within the australian sporting landscape are in need of a refresh and what you would like to see done to the logo.
I got your back Broseph

Not so much a full on update, but just a touch up to make them a bit more modern. These logo's still hold up today, though it would be nice to look forward to the future.

Funnily enough, they all feature red, white/grey and black :)

1200px-Sydney_Swans_Logo.svg.png
1200px-St_Kilda_FC_logo.svg.png
1200px-Essendon_FC_logo.svg.png

Not so much a full on update, but just a touch up to make them a bit more modern. These logo's still hold up today, though it would be nice to look forward to the future.

Funnily enough, they all feature red, white/grey and black :)

1200px-Sydney_Swans_Logo.svg.png
1200px-St_Kilda_FC_logo.svg.png
1200px-Essendon_FC_logo.svg.png
I hope those teams keep the general shape of those logos, particularly Essendon. Just couldn't imagine them having any other kind of logo but it is definitely due for an update.

Swans needs a new typeface, Saints is timeless. Essendon is so 90s but I can't see it being improved if it was to be modernised.

Can see the bombers updating the logo (but not massively due to the e-sports logo being used) around the 150th anniversary

If St Kilda ever touched the logo people would be absolutely up in arms. It's been there since 1933.

Port Melbournes logo to me looks a bit tired and should be updated.

- Adelaide could do with a re-do, just something more professional, whether it’s going back to the more simple route or a better executed American-style crow head

- Essendon are sorely in need of a new logo, and have been for the better part of a decade, even more so after the supplements drama

- Gold Coast probably needs a full rebrand but as seen by the many, many attempts on this board to do so, it’s easier said than done

- Port should pay Dylan8 large amounts of money to use his logo design as the club’s new logo

- I’d be happy to see a St Kilda logo update, but only for a modernisation of the line weights and fonts as the main logo base should remain as it is

- Same goes for Sydney, wouldn’t touch the main body of the logo, but could probably use a slight update to keep with the times

I hope those teams keep the general shape of those logos, particularly Essendon. Just couldn't imagine them having any other kind of logo but it is definitely due for an update.
Even if it's nothing drastic, we could do with an update.

I saw this:

Looks so much better than our current one.
I get the grey is there to make the bomber more realistic, but it isn't a part of our colour scheme.

Even if it's nothing drastic, we could do with an update.

I saw this:

View attachment 756415

Looks so much better than our current one.
I get the grey is there to make the bomber more realistic, but it isn't a part of our colour scheme.
Yeah that's brilliant. Get rid of the grey entirely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 759597
Tried my hand at a Essendon redesign, using just red and black. Happy with it but not sure what Essendon supporters will think.
I like it - I think it works best as a full stencil like in the 3rd pic - and the colours look best in that one too - also the stripes on that one suggest the red sash.

How we are nearly 5 years removed from the drug saga and without a new logo is beyond me... that logo will forever be associated with being shocked to be sitting here.
It sums up the whole "stability" "nothing ever happened" vube the club was going with for ages

Even though our logo is only a couple of years old, I would like to see a few minor changes made to it.
1. 'NORTH' needs to be smaller and 'MELBOURNE' needs to be larger.
2. The text needs to be flattened (remove the curve) and shouldn't protrude out from the shield as much it does.
3. I'd like to see 'est. 1869' inside the shield, near the bottom.

How about a whole new look? Here's my attempt.
View attachment 764124
Not bad, but I don't think you can change the St. Kilda logo, there is too much history behind it.
In the NBA they have primary and secondary logos, perhaps it can be used as a secondary logo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back