LOL, Sam McClure, hopefully there's more of it...

Remove this Banner Ad

SuperMal

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LEEDS F’jh#$@G UNITED
Man,thats a real punch in the nose for McClure. 😆

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Media Watch have had 2 totally justifiable cracks at this massive hypocrite/sellout. He wrote a big article not so longer ago about the perils of gambling, obviously relating it to the AFL, then takes cash from a betting company to be in a commercial. The Age's acting editor felt it necessary to pen an apology on behalf of the paper. What a turd. I reckon he should be in the same dog house as Tom Morris. And Tony Jones is just as bad.

Last edited:

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
There's been more fallout from his hypocrisy regarding the betting ad he did (a few weeks after writing a big story on the problems of gambling in sport).

According to Hutchy on his podcast with Barrett, The Age were hugely embarrassed about the Media Watch story, so they've made new rules about their staff reading ads on radio and tv. Because McClure wants to keep doing ads on 3AW (in particular), he's resigned from The Age. Despite his Age gig most likely not being his biggest payer, his links to the paper via his late father made the decision an emotional one for him (I gleaned from Hutchers), plus, he's been their for many years. McClure has taken a holiday, probably as a result of this shi't-fest,

The Age have been a bit rich on the Crows camp thing. They pulled the articles, made a financial decision not to back their journos when Collective Grift sued them, and now, according to Hutch-Blob, since the camp stories have pretty much been proven true, the paper are getting the articles back online, and making damn sure they get the credit for being the leader with the scoop

Last edited:
May 24, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
There's been more fallout from his hypocrisy regarding the betting ad he did (a few weeks after writing a big story on the problems of gambling in sport).

According to Hutchy on his podcast with Barrett, The Age were hugely embarrassed about the Media Watch story, so they've made new rules about their staff reading ads on radio and tv. Because McClure wants to keep doing ads on 3AW (in particular), he's resigned from The Age. Despite his Age gig most likely not being his biggest payer, his links to the paper via his late father, made the decision an emotional one for him (I gleaned from Hutchers), plus, he's been their for many years. McClure has taken a holiday, probably as a result of this shi't-fest,

The Age have been a bit rich on the Crows camp thing. They pulled the articles, made a financial decision not to back their journos when Collective Grift sued them, and now, according to Hutch-Blob, since the camp stories have pretty much been proven true, the paper are getting the articles back online, and making damn sure they get the credit for being the leader with the scoop

Sam has been very hard done by imo. Like or hate him, I do feel for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
McClure reckons it's ok to steal someone's newspaper from outside front of their house if it's still there after midday. What a 'campaigner'

Haha, was he being serious?!

I heard him on 3AW a few weeks ago saying that he'd been out to dinner at some expensive restaurant, got the bill and noticed that a $100+ bottle of wine wasn't included. He walked out without mentioning it - he assumed it had been a gift from the restaurant (implying that they "knew who he was").

Remove this Banner Ad

Back