Universal Love LOL, WE'RE TERRIBLE AGAIN

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't remember having so little interest in footy. Game day, and I'll be there but literally have no feeling one way of the other, not nervous or anxious or excited or anything.

I can't remember having so little interest in footy. Game day, and I'll be there but literally have no feeling one way of the other, not nervous or anxious or excited or anything.
Yeah. Have a bunch of other plans for the day either side that I’m more keen for, which is weird. Normally I can’t focus on anything other than the footy on game day.

Like I’ll go because I never miss games, but I’m not happy about it.

God, I haven’t.

I talked to Dean Terlich once. It was at a family day and I felt bad for him because other Melbourne players had queues lining up to meet them and he had nobody, so I went up and said “Hi” and “wow, you’re Dean Terlich” and that kind of stuff for a bit to take his mind off the fact that even Billy Stretch next to him had a massive line of freaks looking for a selfie.

The whole thing got awkward because being uncomfortable in the situation of trying to act like meeting Terls was just the most amazing thing ever, I sort of overcompensated and went into a full on speech about him being my favourite AFL player ever, and how it was virtually criminal that he hadn’t yet dominated Brownlow votes and I planned to burn my membership if he wasn’t selected round one etc. the poor bloke looked terrified before long. He signed my football super quickly before virtually running off as though pursued by a dangerous stalker.
Even Terlich knows nobody including his own mother could like him that much. Probably thought you were taking the piss.

Terlich ughh. i remember when some people thought he was good, giving us plenty of dash out of the backline, meanwhile his unchecked opponents kicked 4 or 5 goals every week. finishing 3rd in the B&F shows what a moron Neeld was as a coach. thank god Roos came along and put a stop to that nonsense.
Alex Georgiou was always the far better player.

The career highlight of both players:

1556931667324.png

I was warned that things were usually a s**t show with this club, but damn please tell me it’s not always to this level 😂

Ok so it's game time and i don't even care to watch. Member for 20 years and I'm never buying one again, i've had it. This is a melt post with some analysis. So who is actually to blame for the travesty that is the 2019 season? Dees are likely going to be bottom 4, i'd say on current form are the worst club in the comp/maybe 2nd worst after GC who have a way more exciting future with their young talent, down from a top 4 club just a year ago.

1. The off-season - It's no coincidence that Melbourne's demise has correlated with them trading arguably their most talented player in Hogan with a year to go on his contract for unders. People underestimate how much he made the rest of our list walk tall. I was a huge critic of our off season, many people at the time said i was over reacting, Hogan didn't want to be there, May was an A grade player etc. I say this with only anger and sadness but i feel more vindicated than ever. We then on traded pick 6 in a super draft, a pick that could've netted us Ben King, B Smith or Butters all of which will probably be future A graders at their position for May and KK, the latter may never play again and when he did play looked soft and lacked composure, the former came in out of shape and seems injury prone and he's oldish. Preuss for Tyson is the only off season move that seems like a good move.

2. Drafting/recruiting - Everyone continually says all trust in Taylor but if you look at all the players we've brought in over the last 3-4 years, can anyone actually name any decent picks? Seriously? Anyone? Apart from Oliver i got no one. I mean it's too early to judge this year but Sparrow could've been Valente or a bunch of other guys and then 33 could've been Sparrow, Jordan was on no one's radar so could've used 50 or whatever on him. Our list is total trash, it's TRASH FFS.

Have a look at who's playing. Players i'll give a pass to who haven't been their best but are still looking like future good/great players - Gawn, Oliver, Brayshaw, Salem
Underperforming players who have tons of talent, have shown they could've been future A graders/really good players but now look like they barely belong in an AFL side - Petracca, TMac, Weid, Hunt, Harmes, Melksham, ANB, Hibberd -Seriously, WTF is going on with Petracca and TMac, i've never seen two more talented players who have gone from elite/potentially elite in Tracs case to absolute trash in 6 months. It breaks me to see Petracca who was once looking like the next Dangerfield now looking like the next Sylvia and TMAC, he was a game winner last year and this year can't get near it. You look at Petracca's case and his stats and impact were looking fantastic and he now looks done. Hunt was a jet Roos' last year, Goodwin has dropped him, messed with his role, changed his role and i don't blame him for being confused on his two way role.
Injured key players - Lever, Viney, Jetta & May
Too old - Lewis, Jones
Trash - EVERYONE ELSE. EVERYONE. There are so many players that looked like they could be good who now look like they don't belong.

3. Fitness/conditioning staff - We sent half out team off for off season operations and this has resulted in us being well behind the pace. I mean Petracca almost ******* died in the pool during the week, are you ******* kidding me?

4. Coaching/game plan - Just a wreck, Goodwin is certainly no Al Clarkson. Our def transition is horrendous, it breaks my heart to see all the work Roos put in on putting us on the map again go down the drain. Goodwin has no people skills, our players are again not being developed properly and going backwards and the buck has to start with Goodwin.

Summary -We're poorly coached, our development is as bad as it's ever been, our conditioning people don't seem to know what they're doing and we need to stop using all of our draft picks on short term plugging hole options. The club made a habit of picking mature age low upside options the last few years and ever since picking Oliver I can't think of a good draft pick. Just horrid planning all round. The draft is a tool to look long term and we've done none of that albeit we've had bad luck with Lever going down. The club needs to make swift changes in all departments lest we again become and absolute joke and have guys like Oliver, Gus and Salem request trades, they're our future and still young, they need help. Jackson & Mission retired and it's a mess everywhere again. Upon typing all this i feel even worse about it all, we need to get in young talent and we need to develop what we have and get some proper coaching.

P.S If anyone wants a concession membership for free message me and i'll literally post you my membership, i'm not kidding at all, i don't want it and i don't plan on attending anymore games this year i'm done. So seriously if ANY Melb fan wants a free concession 11 game home membership it's all yours. Peace out Dees, i cannot overstate how much of a negative this club has been on my mind state for so long now and i'm choosing to try and cut the club out of my life for my own health.

P.P.S You mods need to remove Hogan from the side bar. Leave it blank if you must but you have to remove him. It's a joke that he walked out on the club and betrayed the club and all it's fans 6 months ago and he's still there. What's the difference between him and Scully? One left for money, the other for family reasons but they're both traitors and i despise both like in terms of traitors he is no1 on the list AINEC. We've never lost a better player in the modern era with Scott Thompson the only one who was close but really not that close. At least Scully netted us Brayshaw, Hogan netted us May, KK and Sparrow. Seriously delete the fckr from the sidebar wtf are y'all doing? More an attack on Hogan than mods but I really hate him for leaving and the club for trading him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melkshams lucky that Frost went supersayan in that last few minutes. Kicking it on McEvoys head was ambitious at best.

It wasn’t a brilliant performance, but every player had one or two moments where they put their hand up and were counted. First time that’s happened since last time we played the Hawks.

P.P.S You mods need to remove Hogan from the side bar. Leave it blank if you must but you have to remove him. It's a joke that he walked out on the club and betrayed the club and all it's fans 6 months ago and he's still there. What's the difference between him and Scully? One left for money, the other for family reasons but they're both traitors and i despise both like in terms of traitors he is no1 on the list AINEC. We've never lost a better player in the modern era with Scott Thompson the only one who was close but really not that close. At least Scully netted us Brayshaw, Hogan netted us May, KK and Sparrow. Seriously delete the fckr from the sidebar wtf are y'all doing? More an attack on Hogan than mods but I really hate him for leaving and the club for trading him.
Scully didn't net us Brayshaw, Frawley did. Scully netted us Hogan, arguably.

Been avoiding the footy this season because it's bad for my fragile mental health but I've got to say that when I came back here and saw the thread title I knew I was home. Feels right, even after a win.

LOL, WE'RE TERRIBLE AGAIN in caps. Just perfect.

Hi all, didn't know where to post this, but if you're interested at all in yours truly answering questions about Melbourne Football Club 2012-current then check out Mastermind on SBS, 6pm next Monday (6/5).
I'm guessing you now know the difference between the Andes and the Amazon.
Also, pretty sure Tom Scully was already at GWS when 2012 started.
You also would've done way better than me in there and you got jipped from winning thanks to that General Knowledge round(s). Flamin' Umps :drunk:.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back