Universal Love LOL, WE'RE TERRIBLE AGAIN

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm guessing you now know the difference between the Andes and the Amazon.
Also, pretty sure Tom Scully was already at GWS when 2012 started.
You also would've done way better than me in there and you got jipped from winning thanks to that General Knowledge round(s). Flamin' Umps :drunk:.

Whoops, forgot this was on. Anyone got footage of the man in action?

I'm guessing you now know the difference between the Andes and the Amazon.
Also, pretty sure Tom Scully was already at GWS when 2012 started.
You also would've done way better than me in there and you got jipped from winning thanks to that General Knowledge round(s). Flamin' Umps :drunk:.

Ha! These were my two brain fades - when I looked back afterwards and was like "what the hell was I thinking?!?!"

Anything else I got wrong I genuinely didn't know!

Ha! These were my two brain fades - when I looked back afterwards and was like "what the hell was I thinking?!?!"

Anything else I got wrong I genuinely didn't know!
I
Hi all, didn't know where to post this, but if you're interested at all in yours truly answering questions about Melbourne Football Club 2012-current then check out Mastermind on SBS, 6pm next Monday (6/5).
I watched on SBS on demand. Excellent job. Wouldn't you just know it that your chance for glory - and going straight through to the next round without a playoff - would come down to bloody Col Garland.

Oddly I had a feeling the whole way through that I have seen you somewhere before, but this could easily be the case given I've seen any number of regular masochists filing into horrible games over the past decade.

Are you South Australian btw?

I

I watched on SBS on demand. Excellent job. Wouldn't you just know it that your chance for glory - and going straight through to the next round without a playoff - would come down to bloody Col Garland.

Oddly I had a feeling the whole way through that I have seen you somewhere before, but this could easily be the case given I've seen any number of regular masochists filing into horrible games over the past decade.

Are you South Australian btw?

And I was a staunch defender on Col throughout his sad finish at the Club too! I'm not South Aussie sorry - must have just seen me leaving the G looking despondent with all the other idiots.

Just in case anyone still believes we can make the finals... we have 13 games left to win 10 games, as 13 wins would he required to made finals. So we could only lose 3 more for the season. And our next 3 are against top 8 sides. It's impossible.

Just in case anyone still believes we can make the finals... we have 13 games left to win 10 games, as 13 wins would he required to made finals. So we could only lose 3 more for the season. And our next 3 are against top 8 sides. It's impossible.
GWS - W (awful at the 'G)
ADL - W (beat them twice last year)
COL - L (they'll flog us)
FRE - W (thrashed them last year)
BL - W (see above)
CAR - W (see above)
WB - W (see above)
WCE - W (see tonight, away from Perth)
STK - W (will go better at Marvel)
RIC - D (six game win streak will get us going)
COL - L (will get flogged again)
SYD - W (see R4)
NM - W (poxy football club)

That's 10.5 wins for you ;)

GWS - W (awful at the 'G)
ADL - W (beat them twice last year)
COL - L (they'll flog us)
FRE - W (thrashed them last year)
BL - W (see above)
CAR - W (see above)
WB - W (see above)
WCE - W (see tonight, away from Perth)
STK - W (will go better at Marvel)
RIC - D (six game win streak will get us going)
COL - L (will get flogged again)
SYD - W (see R4)
NM - W (poxy football club)

That's 10.5 wins for you ;)

I count 13 wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even more when the AFL retroactively awards us tonights game for the umps, the Essendon game for them being drug cheats and the last St Kilda game because **** st Kilda

The AFL should change the rules to treat points like poker stakes. Instead of just playing for lowly wins, teams could put everything on the line come round 23 and try to gamble their 7 wins for the season into 14 wins. Double or nothing, go big or go home. Put Goody's gambling addiction to good use. Either that or treat it likes the pokies and see if coaches can red / black / suit their way to finals glory. Maybe incorporate features or something similar to make it more entertaining for the viewers at home?

The AFL should change the rules to treat points like poker stakes. Instead of just playing for lowly wins, teams could put everything on the line come round 23 and try to gamble their 7 wins for the season into 14 wins. Double or nothing, go big or go home. Put Goody's gambling addiction to good use. Either that or treat it likes the pokies and see if coaches can red / black / suit their way to finals glory. Maybe incorporate features or something similar to make it more entertaining for the viewers at home?
Would be classic MFC for us to beat Collingwood twice but still miss finals

Would be classic MFC for us to beat Collingwood twice but still miss finals

I reckon it'd be grand. Can you imagine some teams finishing on 400 points for the season and Carlton losing the collective shirts off their backs?

We won't make finals of course, but if we play like that and get half the team back from injury we'll finish the year strongly. Would have been nice having Melk kicking inside 50 tonight, for one.

Was optimistic this would be our Geelong 06 down year, but they finished 10th with 10 wins.

We might not even make it to 6 wins. We have played so badly i can't see us making a prelim again with the current nucleus we have.

I'm not sure what it is about this club that makes players so quickly lose cofidence and talent or how quickly we can go from having a winning gameplan to being bottom. Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn have bottomed out while playing finals, while making finals is our measure of success.

I'm not one for hypotheticals but we were literally seconds away against GC and the width of a post away against Carlton from being 18th lol.
Not like GC and Carlton are winning their games by huge margins. Very even bottom three this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back