Universal Love LOL, WE'RE TERRIBLE AGAIN

Remove this Banner Ad

Not like GC and Carlton are winning their games by huge margins. Very even bottom three this season.

That Gold Coast result was bizarre though. Everyone has seen teams be up all game and then lose to a late goal, but we didn't deserve to tie that game, let alone win it. Least-deserved victory I've ever seen.

That Gold Coast result was bizarre though. Everyone has seen teams be up all game and then lose to a late goal, but we didn't deserve to tie that game, let alone win it. Least-deserved victory I've ever seen.
Could say the same about the Carlton game. End of the day we've beaten the other two bottom sides H2H and that's probably what will end up being the difference on the ladder even though Carlton's arguably had a better season.

Could say the same about the Carlton game. End of the day we've beaten the other two bottom sides H2H and that's probably what will end up being the difference on the ladder even though Carlton's arguably had a better season.

Nah, I had a sticky beak at the draw ahead. Carlton play GC and St Kilda, although we play St Kilda as well. Could be a log jam of teams on 6 or 7 wins with the draw as it is, or Carlton could keep their form up and crawl ahead of us if we don't beat the Saints. Could still be a bit of shuffling around I think, other than GC being rooted to the foot of the table.

Nah, I had a sticky beak at the draw ahead. Carlton play GC and St Kilda, although we play St Kilda as well. Could be a log jam of teams on 6 or 7 wins with the draw as it is, or Carlton could keep their form up and crawl ahead of us if we don't beat the Saints. Could still be a bit of shuffling around I think, other than GC being rooted to the foot of the table.

Pretty much, picks 2-3-4 will be shuffled around between us, the blues and saints a few times before the year is out.

Who knows. We outplayed WC for three quarters at Optus last time so every chance to knock them off next week, seems that we pick and choose when to turn up down to the most finite passages of play, let alone quarters and weeks this season. Given up predicting anything to do with the ladder other than the certainty that we'll finish bottom 6.

Yep, Carlton to be fair is playing better footy. Well they look more likely than us for a win anyway. The only win I see us potentially having is against the Saints. Carlton will beat the Suns next week which will leapfrog them above us as we have the Eagles. I think both Carlton and us will end up most likely with 6 wins so it will come down to % which they are slightly better atm and have GC to play. I think we are a lock for 17th. Disgusting tbh. But hey, Top 4 pick in the draft always felt like a win yeah!

Nah, I had a sticky beak at the draw ahead. Carlton play GC and St Kilda, although we play St Kilda as well. Could be a log jam of teams on 6 or 7 wins with the draw as it is, or Carlton could keep their form up and crawl ahead of us if we don't beat the Saints. Could still be a bit of shuffling around I think, other than GC being rooted AT the foot of the table.
Fixed that for you :)

Pretty much, picks 2-3-4 will be shuffled around between us, the blues and saints a few times before the year is out.

SOMEONE BAN THIS PERSON

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not like GC and Carlton are winning their games by huge margins. Very even bottom three this season.
Right that's why I don't like hypotheticals but that's an insanely close amount to being bottom for a team that some of us still hold faith can turn it around next year, at this stage making finals next year will be a huge achievement

Right that's why I don't like hypotheticals but that's an insanely close amount to being bottom for a team that some of us still hold faith can turn it around next year, at this stage making finals next year will be a huge achievement

I don’t think we will make it personally. But the only way will be big changes in our coaching stafff and game plan

Not sure if the list can do it anymore but you never know.

But doesn’t happen without the coaching changes

Yep. Like I said in another thread either the list is cooked health wise this year and we’ll rocket to near the top of the ladder when healthy or we’ll finish near the bottom again. Don’t think there’s an in between, and on form it really looks like the latter.

Yep. Like I said in another thread either the list is cooked health wise this year and we’ll rocket to near the top of the ladder when healthy or we’ll finish near the bottom again. Don’t think there’s an in between, and on form it really looks like the latter.
I think other than a back up to Hibberd/Jetta our backline is set for 5 years. What worries me is our wings and HFFs need some serious surgery that can't be fixed in one off season.

My faith is like bart Simpson at kamp krusty. He has unwavering faith that eventually krusty will come and the camp will come joyful. In reality krusty is living the life in the uk with no intention going to summer camp. I actually think with a good off season we can turn it around next year but I reality will need a few good preseason/off sessons to reach 2018 heights. I'm not sure if we have the improvement within to get a boost up the ladder. Harmes was that player last year but who else is there? A lot of things can fly under the radar when you're winning. I think as supporters we've noticed the flaws in players mainly in the game plan. We all knew that our plan was majorly flawed with how easy we leaked goals out back. The more success you have the more opposition teams take notice. Making a preliminary final and the way we lost with so much attention we've been found out big time. Suffocate our forward line and then take advantage of our press. There needs to be a big adjustments to this over the preseason. Perhaps we just haven't had time to fix it this year. I dunno I guess that's my blind faith.

I've been trying to think of actual reasons why we are so s**t. Past the pre-season surgeries stuff. We have a pretty inept medical team and have had lots of best 22 players missing, but other teams have had just as bad injury lists at stages and haven't bottomed out like us. We have had a fairly consistent midfield (the best rated midfield pre-season) so i'm sick of the injury excuse because they should be performing better.

Reasons why we suck:

1.) We have a low IQ team, that has been disproportionately affected by the removal of runners. We have a defence based on pressure that falls down strucurally when the runners aren't out there telling them where to zone.

2. List turnover too big. We had 11 changes to the list, which is 1/4 of the list for a prelim side. I'm not saying we should have kept any of those players but the cumulative effect of losing that amount of a list who know how to play an instinctual way could have an effect.

3. 6-6-6 has shown up our centre clearance defensive weaknesses. I dont have the stats but it feels like after every goal in the last few games we have conceded a goal within a minute of the next bounce.

Added to our existing problems of early 2018 and previous years of defenders pressing too high, mids going for the same ball and not getting into enough space, flooding our forward line and not having any geniune crumbers.

I'd like to know what everyone else sees as the reasons we are so ******* s**t this year and how it could be fixed (without major changes to the list).

I think we will have to make a decision next year on our centre bounces. Taking Brayshaw out is a start but i don't think you can play Oliver and Viney together often either. The amount of times Oliver goes flying in for Harlem tap off Gawn from the defensive side leaves us exposed. If he misses it his opponent is often free on the attacking side, whilst Viney just turns and faces the ball and moves towards it. We really need a sweeper at the stoppages, an attacker and then someone who can use it coming out.

Perfect center square for mine is AVB/Viney sweeping at the back, Oliver/Gus at the rucks feet and then Salem/Fritsch attacking side who break into space if we win the ball. If we lose then the sweeper stops the other side sprinting forward through true CHF like they xurrently do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back