Long Live King Charles

Does King Charles make you more likley to support the republican movement?

• Yes

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 49.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the thing. I cannot think of a single person who I would want as 'President of Australia' and I wouldn't want grubby politicians of either persuasion influencing the decision by putting up the candidates, or having the final say.
Why does it have to be President why can we call the position King or Queen of Australia? Monarchs don't have to be for life they can have a set term. President's are boring.

Just do it as it is done now and call the Governor-General - King/Queen. Who wants to vote on it like its the Logies anyway. It's a ceremonial position, all the real power rests with Parliament and the Courts.

Why does it have to be President why can we call the position King or Queen of Australia? Monarchs don't have to be for life they can have a set term. President's are boring.

Just do it as it is done now and call the Governor-General - King/Queen. Who wants to vote on it like its the Logies anyway. It's a ceremonial position, all the real power rests with Parliament and the Courts.
Why do we even need a head of state?

The PM and or parliament can do all their ceremonial roles and procedural roles or delegate it to some other minion.

Lizzies funeral is over. Chuck and Camiila have had " a few " She's feeling a bit amorous and Chuck consents. They both go hell for leather and Chuck becomes very quiet. In fact too quiet. Camilla calls downstairs, " have you got William's number " ?

Lizzies funeral is over. Chuck and Camiila have had " a few " She's feeling a bit amorous and Chuck consents. They both go hell for leather and Chuck becomes very quiet. In fact too quiet. Camilla calls downstairs, " have you got William's number " ?
not sure chasa is up 2 it anymore.:oops:

Better still.
20 years time, Archie loses his s**t, imprisons Grandpa Charlie, Uncle Willy, George, Charlotte and Louis, and takes the throne.

What's the bet Charlie's first overseas visit as king aint an important Commonwealth country like Australia or Canada but instead Saudi Arabia where him and Camilla can be showered with fabulously expensive bejewelled and golden gifts from a psychopath wealthy prince.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app
His first overseas visit will be to Northern Ireland (Irish sea counts right?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sadly it’s going 2 go on 4 sometime yet.

The entire conservative shtick is that god and the monarchy and a few other myths (ANZAC’s, free settlers, middle aged straight white men) are completely untouchable and beyond reproach.

These moments are important to keep the unwashed in check.

I think you are right. Of to see the prods in that part of the world.
He is the 'Defender of the Faith' after all. So no surprises.

But surely he sees the inevitability of a united Ireland in coming years? And that playing a leading role in creating a path for that to happen (or being seen to be playing that role) would be the only way he might capture a share of the legacy and respect his predecessor has garnered in her reign.

It can just stay the Governor-General. * having a King, Queen or President.
Just remove the actual Royal family as head of state and make it the GG, some old respected Aussie that been in public life before and respected.
Tidy up a few things in the constitution that outdated or do not fit for future and it done.

He is the 'Defender of the Faith' after all. So no surprises.

But surely he sees the inevitability of a united Ireland in coming years? And that playing a leading role in creating a path for that to happen (or being seen to be playing that role) would be the only way he might capture a share of the legacy and respect his predecessor has garnered in her reign.
The Defender of the Faith thing probably does not go down well in Ireland with Catholics. I not been to Ireland but feeling probably still run deep from only a few generations ago. Much like what Russia has pulled on Ukraine recently will not be forgotten or forgiven any time in coming century or two. The fact they were singing Lizzies in a box with joy recently at some sporting event suggest any united Ireland will have to come from within Ireland itself, not from outside forces. Especially not British or the son of the person they joyously singing about her in a coffin.

The entire conservative shtick is that god and the monarchy and a few other myths (ANZAC’s, free settlers, middle aged straight white men) are completely untouchable and beyond reproach.

I love " the world is in mourning " twaddle. Here's some countries with large populations who couldn't care less;
. China
. Russia + most of eastern Europe
. France
. Germany
. Italy & Greece
. Turkey
. Indonesia + most of S.E. Asia
. Probably a billion lndians
. The Arab world
. Japan
. Korea
. Central & South America
. Africa

Last edited:

Conservatives are power magnets, they adore and cling to anyone rich and powerful because they either wanna be like them or thinks that bootlicking to them helps them climb up the ladder

Be it Trump, Elon Musk, the royals, any rich anus these parasites can drill into, they would. The asskissing will go on for weeks, while making sure the peasants are put in their place

Cantankerous old coot (and his 'consort')

Notwithstandng the fact this man has just lost his mother..! When my older sister died I wasn't exactly accommodating and said some things to a few people that I later apologized for - the only thing King Charles is guilty of since QEII's passing, is agreeing to his every action and movement being recorded.
And not surprisingly this is being promoted by Hugh Rimintion, a well known muckraker...

Mr. Riminton is the same buffoon who ambushed a post match presser with D.Hardwick in Sydney a few years ago with racist connotations asking Hardwick if his white players who had allegedly sexually touched a black team mate (related to footage in the change rooms) would face club suspensions or other sanctions..!
I recall Hardwick's response was; "Sorry mate, who are you..?"

Last edited:
Cantankerous old coot (and his 'consort')

He did soemthing that most people would do especially whilst trying to cope with his mother's death.

Imagine what Rudd or some of our pollies would have done given their alleged behaviour to staff. Xi probably would have shot the photographer and jailed every one who worked in the factory.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back