Long Live King Charles

Does King Charles make you more likley to support the republican movement?

• Yes

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 49.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I want all videos of Charles narrated by Tony Martin circa The Olden Days. "Bad inkwell! Naughty pen!"
Poor Charlie should have paid more attention in his physics class.

Getting in and out of planes with a half full fountain pen in your top pocket is a recipe for disaster.

Of course the blame lies entirely with his manservants for not checking beforehand. 'Never trust a commoner' is a phrase that oft gets repeated around the Royal Household.

Poor Charlie should have paid more attention in his physics class.

Getting in and out of planes with a half full fountain pen in your top pocket is a recipe for disaster.

Of course the blame lies entirely with his manservants for not checking beforehand. 'Never trust a commoner' is a phrase that oft gets repeated around the Royal Household.
Spoilt entitled pratt.

Accused pedo who paid off his accuser to be advisor our Constitutional Monarch.

FMD.

Fcmp2STWQAEKtlA

FcoLAi6XgAM44u6

Notwithstandng the fact this man has just lost his mother..! When my older sister died I wasn't exactly accommodating and said some things to a few people that I later apologized for - the only thing King Charles is guilty of since QEII's passing, is agreeing to his every action and movement being recorded.
This is reasonable.
And not surprisingly this is being promoted by Hugh Rimintion, a well known muckraker...

Mr. Riminton is the same buffoon who ambushed a post match presser with D.Hardwick in Sydney a few years ago with racist connotations asking Hardwick if his white players who had allegedly sexually touched a black team mate (related to footage in the change rooms) would face club suspensions or other sanctions..!
I recall Hardwick's response was; "Sorry mate, who are you..?"
This is shooting the messenger because you don't like what he's saying.

This is reasonable.

This is shooting the messenger because you don't like what he's saying.
Hugh Rimintion was only at the post match presser in search of a headline, framing what was simply horseplay between team mates after the match as an incident with a racist narrative - I don't know anyone who thought this wasn't pathetic gutter journalism..!
Very similar to when media outlets send gossip columnists to Wimbledon pressers to ask players personal/controversial questions...

He looks unwell to me.
Those hands.
? Lasix anyone?
Chaz doesn't look like he'll go as long as his mum. He's always looked a bit stressed, hasn't he? I'd suggest a lot of Charles' struggles have been internal. And now he's just taken on the top job - that's gonna weigh on his shoulders.

Hopefully we can ten years out of him. He's the best thing for the Republican movement in Australia.

Unless Will *s up big time we've got no chance when he takes over and if you were running a market on how long Will holds the crown the 30-35 year bracket would be the strong favourite IMO.

Hugh Rimintion was only at the post match presser in search of a headline, framing what was simply horseplay between team mates after the match as an incident with a racist narrative - I don't know anyone who thought this wasn't pathetic gutter journalism..!
Very similar to when media outlets send gossip columnists to Wimbledon pressers to ask players personal/controversial questions...
You're still doing it.

Who Rimington is, is not relevant to what he's saying. He could absolutely be a vulture - it comes with the job of journalism sometimes - but if what he's reporting is true - he's posting videos, ffs - you need to address that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're still doing it.

Who Rimington is, is not relevant to what he's saying. He could absolutely be a vulture - it comes with the job of journalism sometimes - but if what he's reporting is true - he's posting videos, ffs - you need to address that.
Respectfully, WTF are you on about..?
A journalist shared a video offering his interperation and opinion of events while ignoring related context. This journo has form in this area which I provided an AFL example of. Everyone I know despise the modern media's constant misinformation, hyperbole and embellishment..! If you have a different view that is your prerogative - so what do I need to address..?

Last edited:
Media can be incredibly misleading. A report on US TV was saying he has inherited billions and is now one of the richest men in the world.

Most assets are on paper as he can't sell assets.

Interesting, he doesn't have to pay inheritance tax, thanks to John Major.

King Charles will not pay tax on the fortune he has inherited from the late Queen, although he has volunteered to follow his mother’s lead in paying income tax.

Under a clause agreed in 1993 by the then prime minister, John Major, any inheritance passed “sovereign to sovereign” avoids the 40% levy applied to assets valued at more than £325,000.

The crown estate has an estimated £15.2bn in assets, of which 25% of the profits are given to the royal family as the sovereign grant. The estate includes the royal archives and the royal collection of paintings, which are held by the monarch “in right of the crown”.

These assets cannot be sold by the King and they are in effect surrendered to the government in return for a grant. The government’s guidance concludes that it would therefore be “inappropriate for inheritance tax to be paid in respect of such assets”.

Media can be incredibly misleading. A report on US TV was saying he has inherited billions and is now one of the richest men in the world.

Most assets are on paper as he can't sell assets.

Interesting, he doesn't have to pay inheritance tax, thanks to John Major.

King Charles will not pay tax on the fortune he has inherited from the late Queen, although he has volunteered to follow his mother’s lead in paying income tax.

Under a clause agreed in 1993 by the then prime minister, John Major, any inheritance passed “sovereign to sovereign” avoids the 40% levy applied to assets valued at more than £325,000.

The crown estate has an estimated £15.2bn in assets, of which 25% of the profits are given to the royal family as the sovereign grant. The estate includes the royal archives and the royal collection of paintings, which are held by the monarch “in right of the crown”.

These assets cannot be sold by the King and they are in effect surrendered to the government in return for a grant. The government’s guidance concludes that it would therefore be “inappropriate for inheritance tax to be paid in respect of such assets”.
He also inherits from the Queens personal estate which also figures into the billions.

The monarchy could be abolished and all crown assets forfeit and the Mountbatten-Windsors would still be incredibly wealthy even if you didn't include the Duchy of Cornwall and Duchy of Lancaster portfolios.

He also inherits from the Queens personal estate which also figures into the billions.

The monarchy could be abolished and all crown assets forfeit and the Mountbatten-Windsors would still be incredibly wealthy even if you didn't include the Duchy of Cornwall and Duchy of Lancaster portfolios.
Pays to be born into Royalty.

Tracy Grimshaw burst into tears after viewing the Queen’s coffin as she lies in state in London.

Wiping away tears, Grimshaw said: “I’m going to take a moment... After all these years and she’s still doing her duty. And I really think she’d just like to get back to her husband.”

We have a winner.

Tracy Grimshaw burst into tears after viewing the Queen’s coffin as she lies in state in London.

Wiping away tears, Grimshaw said: “I’m going to take a moment... After all these years and she’s still doing her duty. And I really think she’d just like to get back to her husband.”

We have a winner.
That's nuts.

We have a winner.

I dunno, man, this whole monarchy business looks like another variety of cultism to me

Back