Long Live King Charles

Does King Charles make you more likley to support the republican movement?

• Yes

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 49.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

All consorts are officially styled 'HM The Dowager Queen' after the monarch dies. Except the Queen Mother who didn't like the sound of it and asked her daughter if she could use the term she chose. Some were still referred to as 'Queen Alexandra' or 'Queen Mary' as the public had known them.

I imagine Camilla would be granted the use of some of Charles' properties for her lifetime and would perform duties as a 'working royal'.

Question for Roylion that we were throwing around last night. If Charles dies before Camilla how would she be styled, she wouldn't be the King's Mother would it be Dowager Queen?

As has already been stated 'Dowager Queen'.

Queen Noor of Jordan is probably the best known example of a current Dowager Queen. Her stepson is the curret King Abdullah II.

All consorts are officially styled 'HM The Dowager Queen' after the monarch dies. Except the Queen Mother who didn't like the sound of it and asked her daughter if she could use the term she chose. Some were still referred to as 'Queen Alexandra' or 'Queen Mary' as the public had known them.

I imagine Camilla would be granted the use of some of Charles' properties for her lifetime and would perform duties as a 'working royal'.
Interesting that Camilla is now apparently seen as asset to the Royal Family after years of being on the outer

So Harry flies back to UK. Has a chat with Dad that doesn't even last a half hour.

Then Charles & Camilla drive off to take a helicopter flight to Sandringham.

Thanks for coming son! ;)

I thought that, but then at Sandringham ans balmoral they have to spend days together

What could possibly go wrong

current list of succession
could you imagine if 1-7 were wiped out King Ralph style?

bring on number 8 lol

Top 6. Lilibet with uncle Andrew as regent. What could go wrong? It’s a mockery that Anne doesn’t proceed Andrew

I don't wish him any ill, but, I do wish he and the rest of them would just disappear.
Disappear from having any hold on how we run our country.
Get rid of the Jack from the flag. Design our own flag ahet represents our country with out the rubbish in the corner.
Rid our selves of the Jack, the Queen and the King.Have a royal flush.

I don't wish him any ill, but, I do wish he and the rest of them would just disappear.
Disappear from having any hold on how we run our country.
Get rid of the Jack from the flag. Design our own flag ahet represents our country with out the rubbish in the corner.
Rid our selves of the Jack, the Queen and the King.Have a royal flush.
How and what hold does the King have on how we run our country? Any examples?

You do realise (a) that was 48 years ago (b) the Queen was not informed in advance that the Whitlam government was being sacked and (c) the reigning monarch cannot sack the government (Kerr acted in accordance with our Constitution)

Whose head is on all the money?
Homer Simpson's head is on your avatar. Does that mean he has a hold over you?

Forget that... its pretty obvious what the answer is;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise (a) that was 48 years ago (b) the Queen was not informed in advance that the Whitlam government was being sacked and (c) the reigning monarch cannot sack the government (Kerr acted in accordance with our Constitution)
Yes, and nothing has changed.The queen was notified.She knew exactly what was going on.
You can deny all you like, she knew.

Yes, and nothing has changed.The queen was notified.She knew exactly what was going on.
You can deny all you like, she knew.

That’s not how it works. Overwhelmingly in Kerr’s correspondence he was concerned the queen would not look bad.

There’s an army of flunkies in UK making sure the queen never saw anything she wouldn’t like.

That’s not how it works. Overwhelmingly in Kerr’s correspondence he was concerned the queen would not look bad.

There’s an army of flunkies in UK making sure the queen never saw anything she wouldn’t like.
She knew through Charlie. It was documented in a recent programme on TV.
She knew very well what was going on.

She knew through Charlie. It was documented in a recent programme on TV.
She knew very well what was going on.
The Crown? Or was it the black comedy, The Windors?
How the * would you know what she knew? Do you have inside intel? Why would she have got involved in something that was likely to tarnish relations with Australia?

Back