Discussion Long Sleeve AFL Jumpers?

Remove this Banner Ad

300090_gp.jpg

I got a Fitzroy 1950's replica jumper with long sleeves, love wearing it to the footy on those cold winter nights.

I obviously bought the threepeat jumper this year and I was annoyed I couldn't get a long sleeve version (they didn't even have one long sleeved threepeat jumper in stock, I went to the Lions shop and asked in person).

I got a Fitzroy 1950's replica jumper with long sleeves, love wearing it to the footy on those cold winter nights.

I obviously bought the threepeat jumper this year and I was annoyed I couldn't get a long sleeve version (they didn't even have one long sleeved threepeat jumper in stock, I went to the Lions shop and asked in person).

It's very hard to come across any L/S retail jumpers these days, I'm on the look out for a PI preferably L/S jumper to replace my old swooping eagle L/S retail for the colder nights on the training track

It's very hard to come across any L/S retail jumpers these days, I'm on the look out for a PI preferably L/S jumper to replace my old swooping eagle L/S retail for the colder nights on the training track
I'm lucky, North always have plenty of long sleeved home jumpers, but no long sleeved clash jumpers.

I'm lucky, North always have plenty of long sleeved home jumpers, but no long sleeved clash jumpers.

Have noticed that, seems like ISC are the only ones with plenty of L/S floating around, even then haven't seen one PI on offer except for Milnes 140 anniversary jumper this year

Have noticed that, seems like ISC are the only ones with plenty of L/S floating around, even then haven't seen one PI on offer except for Milnes 140 anniversary jumper this year

St Kilda are currently selling their 2013 PI guernseys, and there were a few long sleeves available. Obviously only for players who requested them, and they're all gone now. I think it was Motagna, Geary and Schneider's jumpers.

Maybe for some teams, I haven't seen a GWS or saints one available for retail yet...

St Kilda are currently selling their 2013 PI guernseys, and there were a few long sleeves available. Obviously only for players who requested them, and they're all gone now. I think it was Motagna, Geary and Schneider's jumpers.

Yeh have been regularly checking the saints auction site, would love a Stephen Milne PI, despite common sense he was one of my favourite players, his jumper's go for a sh!t load though

I always used to buy the long sleeved, much more comfortable for night games and the middle of winter.

The last ISC one I tried on though, you couldn't have paid me to wear. The sleeves were uncomfortably tight and ended about halfway down my forearm, not a great look. I guess it could be the fact that only "player cut" guernseys are made available for sale now, but it's pretty annoying.

Maybe it's just that manufacturer, I long for the day we switch to a plus size friendly company so I can finally buy a new jumper. the current one has more Xs than a hillbillys wine cellar!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4ea20e142a5111e3817122000ab5bea8_7.jpg

My personal favourite Seedo photo, besides a few I found of a 14-year old Seedo at the Telstra Dome on facey, is this one below. Last week I nursed the worst hangover I've ever had until 10pm Sunday. If only I knew Seedo was also a total pussoir when it came to hangovers...

http://instagram.com/p/e88WslzDA3/

Long sleeves need to come back and Seedsman needs to lead this charge. If it's wet on Sunday, hopefully Seeds sleeves it.
I'm counting down the days for a black boot revival too. Players love a novelty and trend. We've had salards, beards, we've had tatts... surely longies and Nike Premiers are a little easier to pull off!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back