Longest Time you have went without sleep

Remove this Banner Ad

did around 30 hours once in uni... two exams in one day, 9am and 6pm

came into uni in the arvo the day before and did an all nighter study sesh with others there, had the 3 hour exam in the morning which was was pretty hard to begin with, then spent a few hours studying for the evening exam, also 3 hours... the second exam had two parts to it, by the time i finished the first half, i had run out of gas and barely wrote anything at all in the last hour and a bit, could not think and was spent

managed to pass both exams/classes, but not convincingly... was a tough semester

A touch more than 2 days. Wasn't counting so couldnt say exactly. Would not recommend.

But to be honest i probably would have taken short "sleeps" with my eyes open. Finding yourself just staring blankly into space while your mind does weird s**t

About 5 days, but that was chemically assisted.

Slept for 24 hours straight after I crashed and when I woke up my body was so drained I could barely drag myself out of bed into the kitchen.

what about the longest sleep you've ever had?

16 hours for me once in early January several years back... with travel, christmas shopping, and getting sick badly in late December, the body just wanted one marathon sleep session... was feeling kind of drowsy so went to bed at 5pm for a nap, woke up to my surprise at 9am the next morning

About 5 days, but that was chemically assisted.

Slept for 24 hours straight after I crashed and when I woke up my body was so drained I could barely drag myself out of bed into the kitchen.

a Cuz-like bender hey? on the pipe..

32 hours with no chemical assistance.

After that I slept for 18 hours straight and the T.O woke me out of health concerns, because the boys had thrown things at me a few times (including punches) and it didn't wake me.

A 3 litre jug of 3 degree water was his solution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. No pipe involved, just good old-fashioned lines.

1. Tony Montana: In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

Does Micro sleeps while driving count as sleep?
If not, I hit about 42 hours.

A normal day, worked at night, then I just stayed up for college football without thinking, then had work the next night, had a micro sleep in the car on the way. Then worked and came home.

Went from about 9am on a Saturday through to about 3am on the Monday

Hit about 45 hours a few months ago. Woke up at about 7am Saturday went out that night didn't leave the joint till 10am couldn't sleep when I got home then had a family gathering that night still couldn't sleep, think I got to bed at around 3am. Had to wake up at 6am for Uni on the Monday, was easily the worst day at Uni I have ever had don't think I absorbed any information that day.

48 hrs, a year outta high school, had a party which went till dawn then a group of us put the challenge down to do another 24. We did but were quite delirious by the end...(no substances apart from baccy and booze used!)

About forty eight hours. Left Australia at nighttime, having been awake all day. Twenty four hour flight to the UK. I don't sleep on planes. Got to London at about nine in the morning so had to stay awake all day. Crashed at about 7 and woke up about midday the next day.

I've done 36 hours plus a couple of times and it's the worst feeling in the world. I've heard extreme tiredness compared to being drunk and in my experience that's exactly how you end up feeling.

what about the longest sleep you've ever had?

16 hours for me once in early January several years back... with travel, christmas shopping, and getting sick badly in late December, the body just wanted one marathon sleep session... was feeling kind of drowsy so went to bed at 5pm for a nap, woke up to my surprise at 9am the next morning

From memory it would have been Christmas Day into Boxing Day 2009, at least 14 hours. It was a struggle to get to sleep that night as well given I went to the G the next day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back